Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro SRK60 Envirnment

AllanA
Guide

Orbi Pro SRK60 Envirnment

I'm running an Orbi Pro SRK60-100 NAS router with 5 satellites without issue. The nature of our building construction necessitated the need for 5 satellites and will likely require the use of two or possibly three more.

My campus consists of one massive structure 100K sq ft and two small detached buildings (3-5K sq feet each). The router and all of the satellites are in the Main building at this time covering about 75% of the space (various size rooms).

My question: Can I add an additional router (with its own valid IP) as a peer to the existing router to the existing Mesh network in the Main building? By this I am asking if it will join and be a functional part of the existing Mesh network.  And if I were to add a router to each of the two smaller buildings would their connection, should they fall into range or via the wire, be part of the larger existing Mesh network or independent? 

My goal is to have a 3 tier Mesh wifi net over the entire campus, all buildings and the parking lot as well. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
AllanA
Guide

Thanks. I think 8 should be plenty, but as always I'll probably push the envelope a bit if/when the need arises.

Are there wall plug repeaters available to Orbi Pro? Perhaps for odd corners where only a few people work a wall plug signal extender would do the trick?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi AllanA,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Actually, Orbi Pro can support up to 8 satellites on the latest firmware v2.4.0.114. We cannot connect another router and set it to AP mode in order for you to add another satellite, the router will be counted as one of the satellite. I suggest you can just create another network for the other Orbi Router.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
AllanA
Guide

Thanks. I think 8 should be plenty, but as always I'll probably push the envelope a bit if/when the need arises.

Are there wall plug repeaters available to Orbi Pro? Perhaps for odd corners where only a few people work a wall plug signal extender would do the trick?

Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@AllanA,

I don't think that wall adapters would be applicable to Orbi Pro. It would be best if you will create a thread on the WiFi Adapters community to get the right information. If ever your concern is addressed or resolved, feel free to close the thread by clicking the "Accept as solution".

Thank you!

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
AllanA
Guide

I was under the impression that they wouldn't as well. Still those types of devices would really help for the odd locations where there are only a few people needing access. I'll check in that thread. thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements