Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro SRK60 - Ethernet backhaul vs WiFi backhaul for mesh WiFi in large multi-story house.

Marco-F
Aspirant

Orbi Pro SRK60 - Ethernet backhaul vs WiFi backhaul for mesh WiFi in large multi-story house.

I have read in some blogs that for the Orbi Pro SRK60 system it is better to establish a WiFi backhaul using the dedicated radio signal between units, rather than the Ethernet backhaul.

As I'm designing the system for a large house and 5 satellites, I have the opportunity to have wired connections in a daisy-chain design.

I was assuming the Ethernet backhaul is far more reliable and stable than the WiFi one.

If so, why someone would suggest to rely on the WiFi backhaul instead?

Thanks.

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Orbi Pro SRK60 - Ethernet backhaul vs WiFi backhaul for mesh WiFi in large multi-story house.

@Marco-F 

As I'm designing the system for a large house and 5 satellites, I have the opportunity to have wired connections in a daisy-chain design.
I was assuming the Ethernet backhaul is far more reliable and stable than the WiFi one.

Yes, Ehternet backhaul is more reliable and stable than the WiFi backhaul,

If you have the opportunity to have wired connections in daisy-chan, you had better use Wired connections.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Orbi Pro SRK60 - Ethernet backhaul vs WiFi backhaul for mesh WiFi in large multi-story house.

@Marco-F 

If you have the opportunity to have wired connections in daisy-chan, you had better use Wired connections.

Message 2 of 3
Marco-F
Aspirant

@evan2 wrote:

@Marco-F 

----------------------

Great! Thanks for confirming!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements