Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro SRK60 Questions (before purchase)

steve02aa
Aspirant

Orbi Pro SRK60 Questions (before purchase)

I'm looking to use the Orbi Pro in a client's building that is dual-level.  Probably 6000-7000 sq feet total.  Can the Orbi be used as access points only?  I don't want to replace my business-class router.  I'd like to use the Orbi for their excellent mesh coverage, but only as access points.  Can this be achieved?  One Orbi plugged into my existing router, then blast out the signal and 2-3 more Orbi's around the building to create that mesh network?

Do you also think 3 Orbi Pros will be enough bandwidth to handle at least 15 people having their cell phone connected and 3-4 laptop workers who roam around the office?

Any thoughts about all this?  Thank you.

2c0aa491-403b-47f1-8b4f-f2d7fddc4eeb-large[1].jpeg

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

steve02aa,

It is possible if we are going to set the orbi on the range network of your router and disabling the DHCP server.

You may check this link: How many devices can my Orbi system support?

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

steve02aa,

It is possible if we are going to set the orbi on the range network of your router and disabling the DHCP server.

You may check this link: How many devices can my Orbi system support?

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
steve02aa
Aspirant

That article said "Your Orbi system can simultaneously support up to 250 clients under most conditions"

In that case, I'll be totally fine with 20-25 cells phones on wireless and 3-4 laptop users.  Nobody will stream video (maybe music once in a while, but no video) - all business related stuff.

And I did discover I can use these as AP's only and forgo using one as the router (since I don't want to replace my router).

Message 3 of 4
BretD
Admin

Great thread! I've promoted it to the NETGEAR Communities Homepage.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements