Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro SRK60 not mentioned in daisy-chain support article

Marco-F
Aspirant

Orbi Pro SRK60 not mentioned in daisy-chain support article

I understtod that since a copule of years the Orbi Pro family, including the model SRK60, does support daisy-chain or connection of the units through Ethernet cable, swtiches.

Nevertheless this article from Netgear support:

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

does not not mention the SRK60 system in the list of the items related to this modality of connection.

Is it just a matter of updating the list or there is someting else I'm missing here?

Thanks.

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Marco-F,

Way back January 2018, Orbi Pro firmware v2.1.2.18 was officially released and Daisy-Chain Topology is one of its new features and enhancements.  As reference, kindly check it here

Currently, the latest Orbi Pro firmware is v2.5.1.106 and it still supports Daisy-Chain Topology.  You can download it here

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Orbi Pro comes from a different business unit.

@Marco-F wrote:

I understtod that since a copule of years the Orbi Pro family, including the model SRK60, does support daisy-chain or connection of the units through Ethernet cable, swtiches.

Non-managed switches, switches without Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), ... yes.

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Marco-F,

Way back January 2018, Orbi Pro firmware v2.1.2.18 was officially released and Daisy-Chain Topology is one of its new features and enhancements.  As reference, kindly check it here

Currently, the latest Orbi Pro firmware is v2.5.1.106 and it still supports Daisy-Chain Topology.  You can download it here

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements