Re: Orbi Pro SRR60 Access control or MAC ACL not efficient

AneeshCS
Tutor

Orbi Pro SRR60 Access control or MAC ACL not efficient

Orbi Pro SRR60 Access control or MAC ACL not efficient. When a wired backhaul is using, we needs to allow devices each time then the devices are try to change their connction from router to satellite or vice versa. Is there a permanent solution for this.

Message 1 of 7
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@AneeshCS  Could you please explain your issue with more details? Are you seeing MAC ACL is having issue with wired backhaul? Not sure if I understood your question clearly.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 7
davidcheok
Apprentice

I think what he is trying to say is that whenever the system is rebooted, devices connect to the main router first if a signal is present and takes a long time to jump over to the closer and stronger satellite signals.

Dont think its an acl.issue. I find this the case as well. I have ioT devices should should ideally connect to a much closer satellite but instead connects to the first available signal from the router then takes a long time to transfer to the satellite. Not sure if there is a way to resolve this though apart from waiting for all satellites to be ready before distributing ips and allowing connections which would extend boot and connection times even more.
Message 3 of 7
AneeshCS
Tutor

I set up the orbi with mac acl filter. ie added some devices mac with allow permission. But orbi blocks some allowed deviced from connecting.

Message 4 of 7
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@AneeshCS   Can you please share the debug logs? Mention the MAC address that you have blocked so that it will be easy for us to track from the logs.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 5 of 7
RallyLevin
Aspirant

HI,  the ACLs are not only not efficient, but very broken

I Haven't been able to use them for a while .

Under "Access Control" , Orbi artificially restricts active devices to 10.

If another approved device connects, another gets bumped.

Under "MAC ACL" , it randomly doesn't work.

It's designed how it should be ( separate ACL per network ) , but blocks devices that are approved.

Message 6 of 7
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @RallyLevin 

It is not clear how Orbi Pro restricting only 10 devices. We need more details. Screen shot with debug logs will help us.

Hope you are using latest FW 2.5.1.106.  If not please update to this latest version and provide the debug logs ( follow the steps mentioned below)

Go to

1. https://<OrbiPro IP address>/debug.htm

2. Click on start capture.

3. Recreate your issue

4. Wait for 5 mins before you save the debug logs.

You can use google drive to upload debug logs. Send me link via PM. We will check and update you.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements