Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro SRR60 Router - unable to connect to Orbi App

cristmo
Aspirant

Orbi Pro SRR60 Router - unable to connect to Orbi App

I have the Orbi Pro SRR60 router with two satellites attached.  The netire network is working fine except for 1 thing.  I can't get the Orbi App to recognize my router.  I was able to initially but a firmware upgrade seems to have broken the connection.  

I've tried several re-installs with no success.  I do have my modem bridged to the router and I think that may be my issue.  Is there a way to get the Orbi App on my iPhone to connect to the router even if my modem is bridged?  

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
cristmo
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Pro SRR60 Router - unable to connect to Orbi App

The firmware upgrade did the trick.  As soon as I did that and logged back into the Orbi App, my router and network were immediately recognized and I can manage the network from the App.  THANK YOU!

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi Pro systems only support the InSight app. No Orbi app. Orbi app is for Orbi AC and AX systems. 

Does InSight app connect to your Orbi Pro? 

Message 2 of 8
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@cristmo What is the firmware version running on your Orbi Pro?

Message 3 of 8
cristmo
Aspirant

Firmware version:  V2.6.0.108

Message 4 of 8
cristmo
Aspirant

That's interesting...the installation was all done via the Orbi app and I have managed my network via the Orbi app previously.  

Am I correct in thinking that I need a paid subscription to utilize the Insight App?   I installed it but it appears I need to purchase access to use the product.

Message 5 of 8
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Message 6 of 8
cristmo
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion to upgrade.  I will do that this weekend while everyone is off the network.

Message 7 of 8
cristmo
Aspirant

The firmware upgrade did the trick.  As soon as I did that and logged back into the Orbi App, my router and network were immediately recognized and I can manage the network from the App.  THANK YOU!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements