Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro SRR60 keeps disconnecting

Ok My SXR80 set re-disconnected on that firmware... going back up one further yet... 3.1.1.102

Message 26 of 72
algonline
Initiate

Take a look at this thread.  https://www.reddit.com/r/orbi/comments/m5l3vk/orbi_dropping_dns/

I started having these problems on the 14th.  Disabled "Automatically adjust for daylight savings time" and have not had a problem for several days.

Message 27 of 72
JoseBlo
Tutor

I have the same problem, but with a bit more detail:

I have had an Orbi Pro setup (SRR60 with 3 hardwired Satelites SRC60) for a couple of years without significant issues. However my update to V2.6.2.200 has led to repeated internet drops and "Purple" router condition. The actual modem connection (in passthrough mode) is still good, and simply clicking on Test (Internet Setup) will fix the problem for 9-12 hours.

Connections to internet from the satelites are dropped, but interestingly it seems that direct wired connections still work?! The Satilites are not Daisy Chained (based on my understanding of the word) so I don't think that's the issue. I'll note that Status when the internet connection fails is typically "Waiting" rather than "Bad", and that the Satelite connections remain "Green" allowing connections between devices (e.g. printing). 

I've looked at logs and the router doesn't seem to notice the internet drops (still reporting DOS Attacks etc) so I'm not convinced it is down even though it's "Purple". Of course it flashes white when Testing the configuration so I assume it's doing a soft reboot. I've tried multiple hard reboots, power cycles (of both the modem and the router, and the satelites) without any improvement in downtime.

I'll look at downgrading the FW.

Message 28 of 72

Another post indicated about turning off traffic monitoring as well as possibly adjust daylight savings time. Ive turned off both and gone up to current firmware and my internet is happy!

Message 29 of 72
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi all,

I just rolled back to 2.5.5.100...will see what happens......  I am not using Insights now or ever.

I am total flumoxed .....this was suppose to be a business model....and it has turned out to quite a headache to say the least.

And the amount of time that people have invsted into PC Plumbing NETGEARS buggy firmware, tell me that they dont look at this as a business solution.  I am not a tech person, but I was sold on all the snake oil and the marketing charm by Netgear...to purchase this for our business....

And the Kiddy's the have an Engineers have no business sense at all.

I wonder if this stuff gets up to Senior Management.....How much money has been lost in time and effort to Beta test bad buggy firmware....

I mean up to the CEO Patrick Lo..

Or Mark Merrill Cheif Technolgy officer..

That is my rant.....

Only changes I made when it booted up (ruuning no problem for now) was.

Changed the Time Zone to our location.

Domain Name Server (DNS) Address set to "Get Automatically from ISP"

Cheers and Good luck......

Looking at replaceing this unit with ASUS or Lnksys Velop....

Message 30 of 72
The-Wheelyam
Initiate

I’m having the exact same issue after the system updated to firmware 2.6.2.200. The internet connection drops leaving my SRR60 router light ring magenta (with 2 SRS60 satellites connected). Rebooting the router will restore internet connection (until it fails again in a few hours) but another consistent problem is the router’s config page login (from PC or phone app) requires a password reset (previous established password fails). It allows me to create a new password using the previous password then logging in to the config page (to continue my trouble shooting). Sometimes I’ve used a new password with the same result. In either case, the internet connection will drop again prompting me to do this whole process over. I can hardwire into the Ting fiber modem for fast internet confirmation so the issue is the SRR60 choking every few hours. Haven’t tried a factory reset because others experiencing this drop problem have found resets unsuccessful.
Message 31 of 72
Bb-newone
Initiate

I am also having this problem, very frustrating! I made these two changes, turn off traffic monitor  and turn off adjust daylight savings time, and the router has been running for a little over 24 hours without a drop. Thank you for the suggestions. I also changed the time zone to our zone. Very hard to believe this is a 'PRO' device designed to be used businesses and the firmware released is this buggie. Very disappointed in Netgear.

Message 32 of 72
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

Engineering is working on a fix in regards to the disconnections. Currently the issue is due to traffic meter and DST both being enabled. Disabling both will prevent the Orbi Pro devices from disconnecting. Once we have a fix for this, it will be posted under the product support page. Thank you for your patience.

Message 33 of 72

Appreciate the response from Netgear... but here's where I stand...
I lost nearly a week of productivity on this. I spent hours. I even upgraded from the SRK60 to the SXR80- so you made money on this issue. My internet speeds are now amazing so I'm very torn. It was a needed upgrade, but the circumstances are very frustrating to say the least and the basic nature of this issue and the length of time to fix, the lack of regression testing, etc all have me wondering whether I should return this new SXR80 set giving me 940gbps from Xfinity delivered..... 

Message 34 of 72
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@MrJoshW and the rest of Netgear...

You guys are pathetic.....You cost people money.....I have never seen such a lack of urgency in any organization....

And I have been in Senior Management with several tier one companies.  One of which I was the Project lead for a SAP CRM Implimentation.

I would have fired you guys long ago.....Absolutly Useless.....

Message 35 of 72

Maybe I'm nicer than most. I feel the need to unalign myself from that area of criticism.
If it were just this one issue, I'd be inclined to dismiss everything in the harsh section, but honestly I've had reliability issues with my SRK60 set from day one and I swore I'd never buy another netgear and somehow ended up with SXR80s I might actually like... only to be amazed that a DST issue gets through even unit testing in not just consumer gear but supposedly pro level office gear.
So, I'm not happy, but I'm not mean either.

Message 36 of 72
dlplunkett
Aspirant

The simple fix was roll back to V2.5.5.100 of the firmware as stated in the earlier comment and turn OFF the auto-update feature 

V2.6.x.x has been garbage for a while... Netgear should pin to the top of the msg board to keep your ORBI pro at v2.5.5.100 until the issue is resolved fully 

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 37 of 72
blues2k
Tutor

Updated the SRR60 today to 2.6.2.200 after noticing this morning that I was having issues staying connected. It started last night. Since I updated, it's worse. The SRR60 router just keeps disconnecting from the Internet. I have Spectrum, but I use a Netgear CM1000v2 modem. The modem is not losing it's connection. Rebooting it does not help. I notice when I'm in another room and suddenly my phone's wifi connection isn't working. Wired connections seem to work, but then I have to reboot the router and all connections go down. Insight won't connect when the wifi is down. And it's not alerting me to an outage. Logging in through a wired computer, I can get into the admin console which always shows Internet is not connected and wifi is down. Can anyone recommend a GOOD mesh system for a large old house??

Message 38 of 72
LlamaLarry
Luminary

The cheapest solution is to keep the one you've got and either roll back the firmware or carry out the DST/Traffic Monitoring changes mentioned in the thread.

Message 39 of 72
JoseBlo
Tutor

I tried rolling back to V2.6.0.108 and then saw the response about changing the setting on the Traffic Meter to 1am. Changing only Traffic Counter start time (and to version 108) has given me stability for the last 45 hours! I still have Traffic Meter On, and I don't use a Schedule for blocking so no DST setting is available (at least on 108 version). 

I am tempted to upgrade (back to 200) with the same config changes others have used (but I'm spoiled by the lack of downtime). I will say that wired connections to the SRR60 never went down, which does make me think it was somehow related to local DHCP, since I reserve IPs for all the direct router ethernet connections.

Model: SRK60B04|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 40 of 72
blues2k
Tutor

Rolled back to 2.5.5.100 this morning and it's working just fine. Netgear needs more thorough testing!

Message 41 of 72
The-Wheelyam
Initiate

Thanks for the suggestion to downgrade the router to 2.5.5.100, it seems to be working but not dropping the internet overnight will be an achievement. Did you have to downgrade your satellites also? I can't seem to get the config firmware update area to show check boxes for the satellites. I've also not been able to cable directly into the satellite which I read was possible. I'll keep searching the community but thought I'd ask here.

Message 42 of 72

Modes - > model....
Message 43 of 72
JoseBlo
Tutor

I saw 

I re-upgraded to V2.6.0.200 and only change the traffic monitoring start time to 1am as shown. NetgearTrafficCounter1AM.png

I don't use scheduled blocking, but I also disabled automatic DST under Advanced>Administration>NTP.

Now my Android/iPhone Orbi Apps are working again and no loss of Internet.

Uptime over 29hours!

Model: SRK60B04|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 44 of 72
blues2k
Tutor

I did not downgrade the satellites. They seem to be fine. This update seemed to only impact my router. SMH

Message 45 of 72
JosdV
Star

On the 22nd of March the Netgear Expert said "Engineering is working on a fix in regards to the disconnections."

Currently it is the 15th of June and no update of the firmware has been seen yet.

Although the disconnecting issue is a real showstopper for using the Orbi Pro range of products (like the SSR60), there is still no solution brought to us as a firmware upgrade that solves the issue over the last 3 (!) months.

Anyone heard when we can expect a firmware upgrade that solves the disconnecting issue?

Message 46 of 72
LlamaLarry
Luminary

I also asked in the Orbi Pro Beta group around the end of March and it has been silent there as well.  I would hope/imaging they would roll it to a beta first, so maybe keep an eye there too:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-Beta/Re-SRR60-SRS60-SRC60-RBS50Y-for-Orbi-Pro-Beta-firmwar...

Message 47 of 72
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

As somone has stated in a previous mention, disabling automatic DST under Advanced>Administration>NTP should stop the instability issues you are reporting. If the issue does persist, please send me a private message with the port number after enabling Remote Support under Advanced > Administration > Support > Enable Remote Support so that we can debug further.

Message 48 of 72

@MrJoshW wrote:

Hello,

As somone has stated in a previous mention, disabling automatic DST under Advanced>Administration>NTP should stop the instability issues you are reporting. If the issue does persist, please send me a private message with the port number after enabling Remote Support under Advanced > Administration > Support > Enable Remote Support so that we can debug further.

That's not what he said. We all know the workaround. Why has it been 3 months and there's no actual fix. It's designed for small business and for 3 months the answer is "here is a bandaid". He asked when will it be fixed?

Message 49 of 72
JosdV
Star

@Cheezdoodlez Exactly that.

I also called with the support dept. from Netgear and check their answer below which I think is unbelievable that they can't tell when the next maintenance release will be released. If this behaviour is normal for Netgear I seriously consider to quit using Netgear products and switch to the more reliable and stable products of Ubiquiti. I do understand and accept that firmware might have bugs but if these bugs are seriously affecting the normal working of the router (accessing internet, which is the core use of the product) they need to be solved asap. And I am sorry (for Netgear) to say but this is where Ubiquiti outstands Netgear.

Message received on the 16th of June 2021 from Netgear Inc. (name of engineer removed for privacy reasons)

"

Hi Jos,

This is xxxxx from NETGEAR Technical Support. This is an update to case 4470xxxx about the SRR60 internet disconnection issue.
I sent an inquiry on the concerns for the DST and traffic meter and as advised by higher-tier support that the engineering team is already working on addressing the problem and it will be included in the next firmware release.

However, we don't have the ETA for the new firmware release date.

Sincerely,
xxxxx
Level 2 Technical Support
NETGEAR, Inc.
"

Message 50 of 72
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements