Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro SRR60 keeps disconnecting

MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

Yes, the information is correct. We do have a beta firmware available and undergoing testing. Awaiting for feedback if this does resolve the disconnection issue. Before we can have other customers test this image, we do need to verify if the ongoing disconnection issues are related. So once again if possible, please verify if disabling automatic DST under Advanced>Administration>NTP should stop the instability issues you are reporting.

If the issue does persist, please send me a private message with the port number after enabling Remote Support under Advanced > Administration > Support > Enable Remote Support so that we can have engineering review further on the reported disconnection issue.

Message 51 of 72
JosdV
Star

It has become a real challenge trying to disable the traffic meter function since the Orbi Pro SRS60 is connected to the Insight portal of Netgear. Although the insight portal is to manage your devices remotely, it is not possible to disable the traffic meter from the portal.

So I needed to remove the device completely from the Insight portal.

From the local website of the Orbi pro SRS60 I can disable the traffic meter.

I then connected the device again to the Insight portal and all of a sudden the Insight portal enables the traffic meter again. It looks like Insight needs to enable this setting again to show the amount of traffic on the Insight portal regardless of how the setting was set by the local website of the SRS60.

So the only way to get the traffic meter setting to be disabled is to permanently remove it from the Insight portal and disable the traffic meter setting again by the local website of the SRS60.

So now, due to using this workaround, I even lost the benefits from the Insight portal and must continue to manage the SRS60 locally instead of through the Insight portal. I need a couple of days (maybe up to two weeks) to make sure the disconnection with the internet doesn't occur anymore.

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 52 of 72
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Hi

we have a release candidate on https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-Beta/In-Beta-SRK60-SRC60-RBS50Y-firmware-version-2-7-0-110...

It includes the fix for DST issue. Most of functions are verified. If you are impacted by DST issue, you can try to install the beta firmware before official release.

Bruce

Message 53 of 72
LlamaLarry
Luminary

Has anyone in the thread installed the beta firmware?  Or are we all waiting for someone else to try first?  😄

Message 54 of 72
JosdV
Star

@LlamaLarry wrote:

Has anyone in the thread installed the beta firmware?  Or are we all waiting for someone else to try first?  😄

Yes, I am waiting for the final release to become avavilable. I have a production enviroment running that is not available for testing purposes.

Message 55 of 72
LlamaLarry
Luminary

I definitely understand as I have not installed it either; no one has even mentioned installing it in the beta group either.  If "no one" installs the pre-release firmware I can sympathize with Netgear running into problems when released to the field.  The firmware was posted to the beta group on 6/18 and there isn't a single responses besides mine.

Message 56 of 72
odbammb
Star

The bottom line is we have this router for use in our business. We need it to work. Period. I at least don't have a spare "test" environment or can afford to use my customers and my work as a guinea pig. Plus when I have gotten burned by this it has cost me a lot of "free" time to debug and money.

Message 57 of 72
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

If you have the problem, are you all Insight user? EU users? Router or AP mode?

Message 58 of 72
JosdV
Star

@BruceGuo wrote:

If you have the problem, are you all Insight user? EU users? Router or AP mode?

I am:

- Insight user (disabled this for now otherwise I could not use the work-a-round)

- EU user

- using it in router mode

Why exactly do you want to know?

Message 59 of 72
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Recently we found if AP is added to Insight, somehow AP becomes unstable. We are investigating if it does something periodically in background. Removing AP from Insight may be helpful for you. If you want to help debug, please enable remote management and send me port number via PM. We will login to check because it seems only happening in some users.

Message 60 of 72
JosdV
Star

@BruceGuo wrote:

Recently we found if AP is added to Insight, somehow AP becomes unstable. We are investigating if it does something periodically in background. Removing AP from Insight may be helpful for you. If you want to help debug, please enable remote management and send me port number via PM. We will login to check because it seems only happening in some users.

Seriously?

I already discovered and mentioned the reason why it becomes instable when using Insight in my post of 2021-06-22 10:37 PM.

When connecting the device to the Insight portal the Insight portal enables the traffic meter automatically. Insight needs to enable this setting again to show the amount of traffic on the Insight portal.

Since the issue in the firmware is regarding enabling the traffic meter (and DTS is enabled) there you have the reason why Insight users encounter the instability issue more often the others. So due to the fact that the Insight portal always enables the traffic meter function, (where non Insight users can disable the traffic meter manually which, by the way, is the default setting when you use it OOB) Insight users are always impacted when they also use the Daylight Saving function (which most EU users normally do).
As mentioned, for additional information read my post of 2021-06-22.

Thank you.

Message 61 of 72
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

DST issue only creates problems only when half of month is DST. I think your issue is different.

But, for your information, we have an release candicate v2.7.0.110 which includes DST fix.

You can obtain it here.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-Beta/In-Beta-SRK60-SRC60-RBS50Y-firmware-version-2-7-0-110...

Message 62 of 72
JosdV
Star

@BruceGuo wrote:

DST issue only creates problems only when half of month is DST. I think your issue is different.

But, for your information, we have an release candicate v2.7.0.110 which includes DST fix.

You can obtain it here.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-Beta/In-Beta-SRK60-SRC60-RBS50Y-firmware-version-2-7-0-110...

Thanks, but I am already aware of the existance of the beta version since you mentioned this in your post on 2021-06-23 03:26 AM.

But due to the fact that I don't have a test environment (only production environments) I am not allowed to install beta versions on devices runing in production environments.

Message 63 of 72
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

OK. The firmware with DST fix targets to release around end of Aug. However, your issue sounds different. So we are still investiing if insight causes stability for all products. That's top priority now.

Message 64 of 72
JosdV
Star

@BruceGuo wrote:

OK. The firmware with DST fix targets to release around end of Aug. However, your issue sounds different. So we are still investiing if insight causes stability for all products. That's top priority now.

Thanks for the update.

For me the reason for the instability, using Insight, is clear what the cause is. I have been testing this is the recent past and are able to reproduce the problem. It is directly related to enabling the trafiic meter in combination with using Insight. So no suprises for me there.

If the new firmware comes out I will update the SRR60 and do a retest (connecting the device again to Insight and enabling DST as well) to see if all the connection instability with internet has been solved or not.

Have a good day!

Message 65 of 72
m8dhouse
Initiate

I got the same issue (EU based) - version 2.6.2.200 and 2.6.2.202

First thought it was the double NAT so got the modem changed with bridging. 

Same issue, if not worse. Daily or more frequent reboots.

Just downgraded when I spotted the beta firmware 2.7.0.110

I'm on a home environment woth 2x SRR60 and a SRC60. 

Just upgraded all devices to 2.7.0.110, re-enabed DST and Traffic meter. 

Will keep you posted if it's stable for a couple of days.

Message 66 of 72
m8dhouse
Initiate

Ok - bad news

It's not solved (for me at least). I installed the beta version.

Still same issue, kept rebooting at least 2x a day.

I get a lot of ACK DOS messages - nothing I can change there.

Logging - everything was turned off, no metering, ....

2 days ago it was really bad, constant reboots (like every 10 min).

After each reboot I checked the UI and what was interesting is that it said something like 'cannot connect to NTP' and the time was like way off. I even changed to cloudflare NTP but still same thing.

I gave up. I've now got a MikroTik router behind my modem and all 3 Orbi are now just AP. Everything works fine now (24h in - fingers crossed).

Please look into this because it's just not what I expect when shelling out this kind of money.

And make sure that logs are kept in memory after each reboot so you can actually do some serious debugging.

Message 67 of 72
JosdV
Star

I am not sure but this post doesn't mention anything about automatic reboots.

This post is about constantly loosing its internet connection.

Are we talking about the same issue?

Message 68 of 72
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Hi All,

We have released SRK60/SRC60/RBS50Y 2.7.0.122. It fixes DST issues.

Please upgrade to check if it fixes your problems.

If no, please keep reporting to us.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/SRK60.aspx#SRR60%20(Orbi%20Pro%20Router)%20Firmware%20Versio...

Thanks

Bruce

Message 69 of 72

Thank I'll give it a shot

Message 70 of 72
Sysdrro
Aspirant

Updated last week , had to restart it already a few times again….
Now trying if it stays up without DST & Traffic meter.
Message 71 of 72
palleeeeeeeee
Aspirant

Hi, i'm still having problems with SRS/SRR60, random disconnections/slow connection, on firmware V2.7.0.122. With 2.5.5.100 it was working fine... Then automatic update did the update and problems started. (AP mode)

Message 72 of 72
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements