Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro SRR60 missing attached devices

rwdozier
Star

Orbi Pro SRR60 missing attached devices

New to Netgear Routers - have an Orbi Pro SRR60 Firmware Version V2.5.0.108 setup and working fine except that in the attached device list there are some missing. Specically, one of four SONOS Play 1s does not show up. The missing one has the same specs as one of the other three. Any suggestions? Thanks

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 32

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Orbi Pro SRR60 missing attached devices FEATURE REQUEST!!!!

Hi @rwdozier  @cmfnotify  @Marchal @saulos @Vintners 

Please update your Orbi Pro to the latest FW 2.5.1.106. We have fixed many issues reported earlier on the community.  Please reach us if you are seeing any issues after the upgrade.

Download Link:

SRR60 -  http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRK60/SRR60-V2.5.1.106.zip

SRS60 - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRK60/SRS60-V2.5.1.106.zip

SRC60 - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRC60/SRC60-V2.5.1.106.zip

RBS50Y - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBS50Y/RBS50Y-V2.5.1.106.zip

New Features and Enhancements:

• Supports Access Control and MAC ACL in AP mode.
  • Optimized connectivity requests to Insight cloud.
  • Supports the NETGEAR Insight app and Insight Cloud Portal version 5.8.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes certificate issue that blocked https login on Chrome.
  • Fixes an issue where the local browser UI returns a 500 error due to a memory leak. Note: If firmware update fails, reboot and try the update again.
  • Fixes an issue that prevented client access to the Internet. Note: We recommend you open MAC ACL and Access Control configuration and click Save to repair any incorrect settings.
  • Correct client information is now displayed in the Attached Devices page when clients connect to RBS50Y wireless 3.
  • Enhanced log messages for onboarding the device from the Insight Cloud Portal and Insight app

Known Issues:

•  MAC ACL or Access Control can exceed configuration storage capacity with unexpected results in firmware version 2.4.0.114. Workaround: Upgrade to 2.5.1.106, and then go to the  MAC ACL and Access Control settings and click Save to reapply the settings.
  • After updating router firmware, existing clients can be steered to the router because the wireless readiness in the router is faster than the wireless readiness in the satellite. Workaround: Connected clients might notice slower throughput or a weaker signal, which resolves when the user roams or reconnects.
  • Clients with hostnames that exceed 32 bytes do not display well in the Attached Devices page. To be fixed in an upcoming release.

View solution in original post

Message 25 of 32

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @rwdozier 

Welcome to the Netgear community. Have you connected your SONOS Play 1 via wired or wirelesly to Orbi Pro?

Also send us the screen shot your attached device plus debug logs to investigate further. Mention SONOs MAC address as well to track device in the debug logs.

1. Log into Orbi Pro by https://<ip address of Orbi Pro>/debug.htm

2. Start capture before connecting your SONOs.

3. Wait at least 5 mins to record everything in the debug log file system.

4. Save the debug logs and send it for review.

You can upload your logs into google drive and send me link via PM.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 32
rwdozier
Star

Thank you for your reply.

A few questions/comments before I begin the debug....

-  What do you mean by "screen shot your attached device".  Detailed info of the device in the SONOS app?

- The SONOS play 1 does connect because it worksfine and I can see it connected in Fing.

- Three other SONOS play 1s connect, work fine and show up in Orbi Pro attached device list.

- I have an LG TV also not showing up in the Orbi Pro attached device list but it shows up in Fing as well.

- how do you exit/disable the Orbi Pro debug mode once debugging is done?

Also, if this helps - the missing attached devices in the Orbi Pro web interface are also missing in the Insight app.

Thank you. 

...rwdozier

Message 3 of 32
rwdozier
Star

PS, I have connected the SONOS Play 1 in question both wired and wireless doing a factory reset of it each time I connected it. Neither the wired or wireless connection shows up in the Orbi Pro web interface or Insight app attached device list.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 32
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @rwdozier 

Do you know which SSID you are connecting your SONOS Play 1? Did you checked the "Allow employees to see each other"option ?

Did you checked with Wireless 1 SSID?

- What do you mean by "screen shot your attached device". Detailed info of the device in the SONOS app? -

Please send me the Orbi Pro attached device screen shot.

- how do you exit/disable the Orbi Pro debug mode once debugging is done?

Once you click on save then it will automatically stop the debug mode.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 5 of 32
saulos
Aspirant

Hi I have the same situation, but with MacBook pro both are not showing up on the Attached Devices.

I have a SRR60 and SRS60 .

Also 1 OnePlus 6 phone is not showing.

All the devices are connecting fine and from them I can reach the router web interface.

Thanks.

Paolo

Message 6 of 32
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @saulos 

As mentioned earlier in this thread we need debug logs to invetigate further.

Go to the http://<ip address of orbi pro>/debug.htm. Then click on start capture.

Connect your devices Mac book and other devices.

Wait for the issues to happen and save the debug logs. Please wait at least 5 mins before saving the logs to record everything in the logs.

You can upload debug into google drive and send me link via PM. Mention the MAC address of your devices which are not listed in attached device page.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 7 of 32
rwdozier
Star

Sent debug-log.zip file and other information for review in a PM to @RaghuHR  

Message 8 of 32
Vintners
Apprentice

Since the Firmware update, no devices are visible!

Everything was running smootly before this update, so can the Netgear guys fix it ASAP?!

Message 9 of 32
rwdozier
Star

When I click refresh, it takes about 15 seconds for about 20 devices to listed.  @Vintners 

As I mentioned in my first post, I am new to Netgear routers and started with Orbi Pro SRR60 Firmware Version V2.5.0.108 so I wouldn't know if it all devices were listed correctly.

I do wish that the device list was a bit more compact without the big fat graphic in the device name!

...Bob

Message 10 of 32
Vintners
Apprentice

Oh you are lucky, I just get the 'please wait' message - no devices visible!

Message 11 of 32
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Vintners @rwdozier @saulos 

Thanks for your debug logs. We found few areas where we can  see attached devices are not shown or few devices are missing  from the attached device list page. We are fixing this issue in our upcoming releases. Release date is tentative for now. But will update here once we release officiallly.

Thank you once again for your patience & support.

Raghu

Message 12 of 32
saulos
Aspirant

Thanks a lot.

Message 13 of 32
rwdozier
Star

@Vintners @saulos 

Thank you for the update.

That's great news. Looking forward to the update.

Regarding the attached device list, how about what may be a feature request in the next update as well? I suggest that the attached device list be much more compact. Now, is seems all bloated with the graphic images that IMO really don't serve any purpose. The images only slow down the list generation time and make the list more than a screen full if you have more than about 10 devices to list.

Something like the attached file as a quick example.

Message 14 of 32
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks @rwdozier We will take a look at your suggestion and see if we can make it more compact.
Message 15 of 32
Marchal
Aspirant

SRR60

Same issue here, already an outlook for a solution ?

Also my remote management don't work anymore after the last update, gives an "Something went wrong" msg, also an known issue ?

Message 16 of 32
rwdozier
Star

As I mentioned earlier, I am new to Netgear routers - I started with an Orbi Pro SRR60 and updated the firmware to V2.5.0.108 very soon after I got it connected to the internet, so I know nothing about the previouse versions.

Remote management is working, see attached. Looking forward to an update that will list ALL attached devices and maybe NOT such a 'bloated' screen of images to list just a nice clean table of the attached devices information.

Message 17 of 32
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@Marchal Please share your Orbi Pro configuration. You can backup your settings and share me via PM. Do you know this was working in previous firmware and stopped working on the recent firmware? Please confirm. >>> Also my remote management don't work anymore after the last update, gives an "Something went wrong" msg, also an known issue ? Thanks, Raghu
Message 18 of 32
Marchal
Aspirant

Raghu, confirmed.
Always worked fine, since last update it stopped.
Will send you the config later...
Message 19 of 32
rwdozier
Star

@Marchal - just a thought you may have already verified. Just days before my Orbi Pro arrived, my internet provider was down for a little while for maintenance and when they came back up, I had to reboot the cable modem to get connected again, all good I assumed. I configured the Orbi Pro with all my port forwarding I had in my previous router and when I was checking all my port forwarding, I discovered they did not work. I then recalled that when my internet provider bounced the internet connection, I was provided a "new" dynamic ip address. I have never had a static ip address from my provider as the connection is continually up and seldom goes down unless there is some maintenace going on. So my port forwarding settings were setup properly and worked once I connected to my new ip address.

With all being said, I had my port forwarding set up and verified working prior to enabling remote management and it just worked.

Long winded, I know. Hope this helps.

...Bob

Message 20 of 32
cmfnotify
Aspirant

I have noticed that since the last firmware update that both stores I have these system setup at no longer have working captive portals.  The IOS devices and mac computers just continue to ask users to accept even though they do click accept.  They are stuck in an endless loop.  I also have issues where I can only access my orbi routers using Firefox because certificates from Netgear are not trusted.  Is there a known issue with how the Orbi Pro captive portals are working with newer browsers and is this related to certificates?   Will a fix be forthcoming?  I have the latest firmware and my routers updates automatically.

Thaks

Message 21 of 32
rwdozier
Star

Close, but no cigar! Updated the SRR60 firmware this morning to Router Firmware Version V2.5.1.106 and the missing wireless device now shows up in the attached device list, BUT now!, there is a wired attached device not showing up that was in the list on the previous firmware version. I will submitting a debug log to @RaghuHR  within a day or so.

Also, I also really believe the attached device list layout is just bloated and not consice enough at all. Lots of redundacy on the page and who needs graphics for the attached device list on a "PRO" model, really? I will be submitting a "feature request" for a better attached device list soon. I think the 'search' feature of the attached device list page is broke as well.

Anyone else want to chime in?

...Bob

Message 22 of 32
rwdozier
Star

Router Firmware Version V2.5.1.106

My apologies! I captured a debug.log with the missing attached device. I know it was NOT in the list and I power cycled the device to see if it would show up in the attached device list and it did not - it was not in the Insight App list of devices either. However, the next morning, when I listed the devices with Insight, ALL devices were listed. I then checked the web based interface of attached devices and all the devices were listed there as well. Go figure! 

@RaghuHR  - sorry for the premature post.

...Bob

Message 23 of 32
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Thank you @rwdozier  for confirming missing devices in attached page is no more on the latest FW (2.5.1.106).

Our mission is to resolve customer issues at the highest level.  We are here to help make sure you get the results you expect from Business WiFi Mesh System , so don’t hesitate to reach out with questions. We’d love to hear from you.

Raghu

Message 24 of 32
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @rwdozier  @cmfnotify  @Marchal @saulos @Vintners 

Please update your Orbi Pro to the latest FW 2.5.1.106. We have fixed many issues reported earlier on the community.  Please reach us if you are seeing any issues after the upgrade.

Download Link:

SRR60 -  http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRK60/SRR60-V2.5.1.106.zip

SRS60 - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRK60/SRS60-V2.5.1.106.zip

SRC60 - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRC60/SRC60-V2.5.1.106.zip

RBS50Y - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBS50Y/RBS50Y-V2.5.1.106.zip

New Features and Enhancements:

• Supports Access Control and MAC ACL in AP mode.
  • Optimized connectivity requests to Insight cloud.
  • Supports the NETGEAR Insight app and Insight Cloud Portal version 5.8.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes certificate issue that blocked https login on Chrome.
  • Fixes an issue where the local browser UI returns a 500 error due to a memory leak. Note: If firmware update fails, reboot and try the update again.
  • Fixes an issue that prevented client access to the Internet. Note: We recommend you open MAC ACL and Access Control configuration and click Save to repair any incorrect settings.
  • Correct client information is now displayed in the Attached Devices page when clients connect to RBS50Y wireless 3.
  • Enhanced log messages for onboarding the device from the Insight Cloud Portal and Insight app

Known Issues:

•  MAC ACL or Access Control can exceed configuration storage capacity with unexpected results in firmware version 2.4.0.114. Workaround: Upgrade to 2.5.1.106, and then go to the  MAC ACL and Access Control settings and click Save to reapply the settings.
  • After updating router firmware, existing clients can be steered to the router because the wireless readiness in the router is faster than the wireless readiness in the satellite. Workaround: Connected clients might notice slower throughput or a weaker signal, which resolves when the user roams or reconnects.
  • Clients with hostnames that exceed 32 bytes do not display well in the Attached Devices page. To be fixed in an upcoming release.
Message 25 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements