Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro SRS 60 communication issues

NetworkEngguy
Follower

Orbi Pro SRS 60 communication issues

So I bought the Orbi Pro SR 60. Out of the gate it was easy to config and seemed to work solid. Recently I noticed some buffering while streaming so I performed a speed test from the orbi APP and I was surprised. When I set it up I did speed test from the router which is a 1Gb up and down, and the the Orbi had me at 800 Mb up and down. However yesterday I checked and I was getting 20Mb yes that’s not a typo 20Mb down and 800+ up. So I rebooted the router and Orbi , no change. Today I did a factory reset. Which is a pain! Still no change. And I know only two devices were connected after the reboot so I’m a little stumped. Btw router speed was consistent. Not sure if the update had any impact but it seems the likely suspect. Firmware 2.3.1.100 In case your wondering I have a direct 1Gb Ethernet connection from the router to the Orbi. No other items are attached to the router all traffic including Lan pass through the orbi outbound to the lan interface on the router.
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Pro SRS 60 communication issues

You may not be aware that there is a Netgear community forum specifically for the Orbi Pro series:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-pro-wifi

Users on that forum may be more likely to be able to answer questions than those of us on the "consumer product" forum.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7