Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro SXR80 Best-Of-Breed Configuration Advice

Brainjacked
Follower

Orbi Pro SXR80 Best-Of-Breed Configuration Advice

I'm upgrading from a Linksys EA9500 to the Orbi Pro SXR80 and 1 Satellite.

I've got gigabit fiber and a 2,800 sq ft of living space to cover.

The Orbi mesh has eliminated the dead spots I used to have and now I want to configure the network in the most efficient way which will provide the best performance to all of the connected devices, giving priority to my 3 work computers and the media players.

The question is, given that I have 3 wireless networks that I can setup in the Orbi Pro (two of which can be separated into 2.4GHz and 5GHz). What is the best-of-breed configuration for this network?

I've got a home with 62 IoT devices, the vast majority of which are Apple HomeKit enabled bulbs, light controllers, outlets, sensors, security cameras, etc. all of which operate exclusively on 2.4GHz. I've also have 4 Apple TV 4Ks for streaming video, a Sonos system with 14 components (although there is a Sonos Boost (a wireless extender that connects to the SXR80 via ethernet cable) and creates it's own private network for the Sonos devices, and an assortment of 12 computers, laptops, printers, iPhones and iPads, 3 of which I use for work. 

I appreciate your counsel and advice!

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements