Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro SXS30 blocking Aurora Aone Hub Firmware 4.3.1.102

Ari_UK
Aspirant

Orbi Pro SXS30 blocking Aurora Aone Hub Firmware 4.3.1.102

Hi everyone,

I upgraded my Netgear Mesh network SXS30 to the latest 4.3.1.102

Since then my Aurora Aone Hub does not connect. I've contacted their support and they advised the following ports need to be open

UDP 5560-5566
TCP 5568
TCP/UDP 8883

I have not changed any settings except for the firmware update. When checking the port forwarding option, the Aone hub has to be on the network with an IP in order to assign the port forwarding to it, which it isn't.

Anyone have any suggestions, besides downgrading to the previous firmware which I'm not keen on.
Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Ari_UK
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Pro SXS30 blocking Aurora Aone Hub Firmware 4.3.1.102

Thanks for the replies. I solved the issue. Really strange one.

When I connect the Zigbee Aone hub to the Netgear Oribi router SXR30 it works, but connecting it back to the SXS30 satellite which it's been hardwired to for the last 2 years does not work.

So I moved the Aone hub and plugged it into the switch connected to the Netgear router - strange one for the books.

All other networking devices hardwired and connected via wireless to the other satellite work, except this hub.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Is this  the product?

https://auroralighting.com/gb/trade/productdetail/au-hzb5a 

This product connects to the router with Ethernet cable.  If it does not appear on Attached Devices, it might be wroth double checking:

• That it is still powered on.
  • That the Ethernet cable has not come loose.
  • The setup instructions do not seem to mention opening ports.  It is really unusual for consumer Internet of Things (IoT) devices to require port forwarding to function.  Can you please point to information on the web about this?
Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@Ari_UK wrote:

Since then my Aurora Aone Hub does not connect. I've contacted their support and they advised the following ports need to be open

UDP 5560-5566
TCP 5568
TCP/UDP 8883

Typical support organization confusion caused by poor substandard documentation and crappy customer service. All of these devices require outgoing connections on the protocols and ports mentioned. To many uninformed users tend to add some port forwarding accordingly for no reason.

@CrimpOn is perfectly on the spot.

Message 3 of 4
Ari_UK
Aspirant

Thanks for the replies. I solved the issue. Really strange one.

When I connect the Zigbee Aone hub to the Netgear Oribi router SXR30 it works, but connecting it back to the SXS30 satellite which it's been hardwired to for the last 2 years does not work.

So I moved the Aone hub and plugged it into the switch connected to the Netgear router - strange one for the books.

All other networking devices hardwired and connected via wireless to the other satellite work, except this hub.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements