Orbi Pro Tri-Band WiFi System (SRK60) - able to support 200 devices concurrently ?

youkeat
Aspirant

Orbi Pro Tri-Band WiFi System (SRK60) - able to support 200 devices concurrently ?

I am setting a new small office. rectangle shape about 3000 sqft.

It is shared by about 100 people but they do hot desking mostly. 

usually only 40-50 people will be in at one time but everyone has 2-3 devices each.

I like to know is the mesh wifi is able to support 150-200 connections concurrently? 

Most users just use it for surfing the internet for information. No gaming or heavy duty usage.

If not, what would be a better alternative?

Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi Pro Tri-Band WiFi System (SRK60) - able to support 200 devices concurrently ?

The Orbi Pro is optimised to perform well with simultaneous connections for up to 40 users, though everyone's usage is different. If your usage is light then performance will be better with more users than for use cases where the system is being used heavily.

For very high numbers of connections wired ProSafe Access Points (APs) are the best solution.

Is their ethernet cabling in place?

You could give the Orbi Pro a try and if it doesn't achieve the desired results for you then switch to using wired APs.

Message 2 of 5
youkeat
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Pro Tri-Band WiFi System (SRK60) - able to support 200 devices concurrently ?

For very high numbers of connections wired ProSafe Access Points (APs) are the best solution.

ProSafe Access Points - Is this going to be complicated to setup ? I don't have a IT Network guy that do this for me, I am the "half plus" IT guy already, me also happens to be the boss. I wouldnt mind going for the AP if its as easy. 

I prefer the Orbi, original intention is to do ceiling mount, clean and neat.

Is their ethernet cabling in place?

Currently my new office is bare to the bone, nothing. So i can build everything inplace customised.

I would prefer a sure method that supports 150- 200 devices safely. 

Currently my normal linksys router support about 60-100 devices at anytime. 

You could give the Orbi Pro a try and if it doesn't achieve the desired results for you then switch to using wired APs.

Message 3 of 5
NaderA
NETGEAR Expert

Hello youkeat,

Our Prosafe APs as well as Insight Managed APs are definitely a solution designed for very populous and traffic intensive WiFi environments.

However, reading your requirements, you are saying "usually only 40-50 people will be in at one time"  each with a few devices. This is the ideal case for Orbi Pro considering your other comment about IT staff "I am the "half plus" IT guy already, me also happens to be the boss". I love it when I see comments like this since one of the main goals of Orbi Pro was to eliminate the need for any IT staff or any wiring throughout the office.

Orbi Pro has been tested with a much higher user numbers and traffic volumes. The numbers that are stated on the data sheets are conservative and I am confident that it will perform well in your case.

My suggestion to you is to go ahead with your Orbi Pro deployment plans and try it out. if for whatever reason, it does not meet your needs, please feel free to refer to this thread and return the unit and we are happy to work with you for any other solutions that might fit your needs better. 

I look forward to hearing from you and your Orbi Pro deployment story.

Orbi Pro Product Management 

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 4 of 5
youkeat
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your reply.

I shall try out the Orbi Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements