Get Orbi Pro now

Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Highlighted
Initiate

Re: Orbi Pro WiFi System: Feedback and Feature Requests Page

I'm using the SRR60 in AP mode with a single SRS60 satellite. I already have a router on my network with DMVPN to connect multiple sites over the Internet. AP mode lets me avoid double NAT in my use case.

On setting up the system I was surprised by the static nature of the wireless networks (SSID), as I see other people here have been as well. The documentation needs to explain

• the differences between the wireless networks is in AP mode, and
  • the differences between the WAN and LAN ports in AP mode.

Will there still be traffic limitations between the wireless networks and/or Ethernet ports through layer 2 access rules?

I'd like to see the following features:

• Assign SSIDs to VLANs over a trunked Ethernet connection. (This feature is very important to me.)
  • Assign QoS at the SSID level. (This feature is less important for me.)

This would allow me to dedicate one of the SSIDs for VoIP devices and give it higher priority. It would also allow me to connect the other two SSIDs to appropriate guest and office networks already configured in my environment.

Due to the lack of VLAN support in SSID setup, I'm currently limited to running a single SSID on the system.

I previously implemented multiple SSIDs mapped to VLANs over Ethernet with;

• Tomato and OpenWRT on Cisco E3000 and WRT54GL APs -- but wanted higher speeds through more modern radios so decided to look at modern commercial solutions.
  • Ruckus Wireless APs -- but wanted to explore lower cost solutions, and needed wireless backhaul in one of my locations.

I also have some a Ubiquiti AP lined up for testing, as I'm in the process of switching from Cisco C900 routers to Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite routers. The ERLite is so far the most cost-effective router I've found to actually route traffic at gigabit speed over Ethernet (about 960 Mbps in my testing) and still have sufficient feature support for my environment (IPsec VPN, VLAN, BGP; the complete feature list for the ERLite is much longer).

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 51 of 92
Highlighted
Luminary

I guess we will finish out the year 2018 with nothing from Netgear other than empty promises and a "Pro" Orbi claimed to be a business product that does not serve any business features?

I have my third-party warranty ready to execute for 2019, when I replace Orbi with something that does what it claims to be.

I am not sure what the purpose of this thread was. Clearly it was not to take customer feedback and implement those requests into the product.

Happy Holidays Netgear and may you have a good new 2019 year.

Message 52 of 92
Highlighted
Aspirant

Rif.: Orbi Pro WiFi System: Feedback and Feature Requests Page

Please, add a simply radio button with ON/OFF for 2.4/5GHz/Both...

Enable MAC Filter also in AP mode... it's not the same if filter is provided by main router...

Message 53 of 92
Highlighted
Aspirant

Received an Orbi Pro Router and 2 satellites a few days ago, I was surprised to find that I couldn't add vlan tags based on SSID, it's so common in professional APs I didn't even check before buying.

I either have to

-Use vlan routing and filtering to allow only certain devices connected to Orbi to reach other vlans but it adds a level of complexity and maintenance hell I don't want to deal with.

-Send it back  (First request for vlan support was more than a year ago, my expectations are lower than dirt.)

It'll be going back, it may become more than a Plug & Pray one-trick pony after Netgear works on it, but I expect it'll reach EoL before that.

Message 54 of 92
Highlighted
NETGEAR Expert

Hello Kyis,

Thanks for trusting Orbi Pro for your networking needs. Before sending the unit back, please check the firmware version on the unit. Please make sure that you are running the latest version of the firmware which you can get from here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/SRK60.aspx#download

Please make sure that you update the router first before updating the satellites. Latest version of the firmware has support for VLANs.

we appreciate the feedback from our users and are constantly working on further improvements Orbi Pro. 

Orbi Pro Product Management

Message 55 of 92
Highlighted
Initiate

Has VLAN support been added for AP mode as well?

Message 56 of 92
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi NaderA,

Firmware version is V2.2.2.20 on the router and satellites.

I saw the VLAN/Bridge support and although that's very useful in certain cases it's not what I have a problem with.

What I expected to see (coming from the like of Ubiquiti and Cisco) is a way to tag traffic based on SSID, I already have vlan routing and filtering setup so If that was supported I could have replaced my existing APs in a few minutes and it would have just worked.

Message 57 of 92
Highlighted
Aspirant

This was cross-posted in the Business Ideas Forum, but I was very surprised to see that the Orbi Pro doesn't support WPA2-Enterprise.  I would think this could be fixed with a relatively straightforward firmware update, without compromising accessibility to low-tech business users (they simply won't use it, just like they don't use it on $100 consumer-grade wireless routers that support WPA2-enterprise).  Thanks!

Message 58 of 92
Highlighted
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Kyis, 

I understand what youi are saying and thank you for your feedback. we will review this and have a plan for implementation in an upcoming FW release. At the moment, Orbi Pro support VLAN tags by ports and we can add VLAN tags by SSID as well.

Message 59 of 92
Highlighted
NETGEAR Expert

Hi KimmoS,

We are reviewing this request and will have a plan for implementation in an upcoming firmware release.

Message 60 of 92
Highlighted
Aspirant

Feature Request:

Can we have the option to turn off guest portal for WIFI 3 and allow clients to be connected to WIFI 3 by using WPA? At the present moment, the only option to use Wifi 3 (guest) is thru the capture portal.

Message 61 of 92
Highlighted
Aspirant

I would really like to have control of what network resources wired devices have. In my case (a medium-sized church) I have a fairly small number of 'authorized' devices so I could  simply use MAC filtering to determine which devices are allowed  access to network resources, wired or wireless, except for the Guest portal. As far as I can tell, if you set up MAC filtering, it controls all devices that are allowed to connect to the network, even those connecting through the guest portal, which really defeats the purpose of the guest portal. But since I have ethernet jacks in public areas, I need some way of controlling access from devices that might get plugged into them.

I would also like to be able to use Disney Circle or some more capable content filtering capability.

Message 62 of 92
Highlighted
Initiate

Feature Request:

1) Site to site VPN

2) Abiliy to send log files to a syslog server

3) Ethernet backhaul

Regards,

Scott

Message 63 of 92
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Sdraynan,

Per your suggestions:

1) Site to site VPN - we will be considering this

2) Abiliy to send log files to a syslog server - we consider this an enterprise grade feature and will consider it, but this is more the class of product like our Insight access points WAC505, WAC510 and recently announced WAC540.    

3) Ethernet backhaul - hardwired backhaul is supported in the most recent firmware.

Message 64 of 92
Highlighted
Apprentice

Wait...

From the recent reply by Orbi Pro Product Management...

"Hi Kyis, 

I understand what you are saying and thank you for your feedback. we will review this and have a plan for implementation in an upcoming FW release. "At the moment, Orbi Pro support VLAN tags by ports and we can add VLAN tags by SSID as well."

Are you saying the Orbi pro supports VLAN tagging by port and SSID right now? Is this for router AND AP mode?

Are there instructions for implementing this as I certainly don't see these features anywhere in my GUI.

I am on the newest firmware just released this week.

Thanks... 

Message 65 of 92
Highlighted
Aspirant

I'd like to set the satellite IP addresses because I don't use a DHCP server on my network. I have a model number SRK 60 

Message 66 of 92
Highlighted
Star

Please add this feature as soon as possible!!!

The Orbi Pro features one option for Wireless 2 (Employee Access Wireless Network):

[ ] Allow employees to see each other and access my local network.

This is a major issue.  I, along with many other users posting here would like to use Wireless 2 for a seperate private network for employees that has internet access, but we all need them to see each other and SEE PRINTERS BUT NOT INTERACT WITH OR SEE WIRELESS 1.  This is such a simple network isolation feature and just about every other router can do this

Please, PLEASE add one more checkbox to this so I can choose:

[ ] Allow employees to see each other on the Wireless 2 network.

[ ] Allow employees to access my full local network.

That way if I check option 1 employee clients or special guests on Wireless 2 can see and interact with clients on Wireless 2, including printers and are still seperate from clients on Wireless 1. 

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CODING, ADD THIS FEATURE!!!

Other Threads mentioning this exact issue which has not yet been addressed:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/Is-quot-Wireless-2-quot-Useless-fo...

Message 67 of 92
Highlighted
Admin

@surenm Your question on traffic separation has been answered in this thread.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Connect-with-the-SMB-GM/Orbi-Pro-Wireless-2-Please-Fix/m-p/1726772#...

Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Message 68 of 92
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi there,

I would like to see support of the RBS40V Netgear Orbi Voice Smart Speaker and Wi-Fi Satellite Add-On supported with the Orbi Pro range.

Thanks.

Message 69 of 92
Highlighted
Luminary

Are we going to see any movement with Orbi Pro (AKA: Business Class Product)?

VLAN per SSID Support? With AP Mode so we can use our business class firewalls???

SNMP?

SysLog Server?

Working Ethernet backhaul when connected to a switch?

For the price we paid, I would say vLAN support is required. With IoT devices it is REQUIRED to put those devices on a separate “isolated” network. Orbi Pro for “Business” doesn’t support this. So how can it be a business product when Orbi Pro fails to support any business-class features. This is really starting to look like FALSE ADVERTISING...

Message 70 of 92
Highlighted
Star

Hoping to see this feature in the next firmware update.  Also, I agree that VLAN support would be nice too.  For the price, it would be great to create as many SSIDs / VLANs as we'd like to control traffic flow appropriately.

Message 71 of 92
Highlighted
Initiate

We need VLAN per ssid capability. Do you have plan on adding that?

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 72 of 92
Highlighted
Apprentice

Any updates on this @netgear?

VLAN (including SSID support) and Syslog forwarding are pretty standard features on even non-Pro consumer routers. 

Customers are getting impatient, we are going to have to start switching them out to other products soon... 

-Shawn C

Message 73 of 92
Highlighted
Star

Agreed, this was indicated to be included in a future firmware from another thread, but how long do we have to wait?  Please implement this, it is standard on just about everything out there or at least allow guest network devices to see each other and interact, yet be seperate from the private local LAN.

Message 74 of 92
Highlighted
Tutor

Hello. Kudos for working on many of the requested features.

I would like the option to not broadcast SSID on WIFI 1.
Message 75 of 92
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements