Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro Wifi 6 Tri-band Mesh Number of Connected Devices

PB2020
Follower

Orbi Pro Wifi 6 Tri-band Mesh Number of Connected Devices

Morning all,

I am looking to buy an Orbi Pro Wifi 6 Tri-band Mesh solution for the house (Uk) This will help with black spots/ coverage / speed / getting rid of extender etc. 

But I cannot work out if I need the AX4200 or the AX6000.  The key question is around the number of connected devices. The blurb says........

AX4000 is 40+ Devices. 
AX6000 is 60+ Devices. 

I have 70+ devices in the house but over half are smart lights so do they count as I cannot see them using a lot of bandwidth? I also have my smart TVs hard wired via cat 6 so they are not using the WiFi connect! 

Any feedback would be great. 

Thanks 👍

Message 1 of 3
BiGMERF
Apprentice

Re: Orbi Pro Wifi 6 Tri-band Mesh Number of Connected Devices

im pretty sure when they say devices they mean those that actively are using data...iot, just use a connection when triggered via command and that for a quick instance.. unlike a streaming, gaming etc device... that when in use is constantly accessing a connection

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Pro Wifi 6 Tri-band Mesh Number of Connected Devices

https://kb.netgear.com/31097/How-many-devices-can-my-Orbi-system-support

@PB2020 wrote:

Morning all,

I am looking to buy an Orbi Pro Wifi 6 Tri-band Mesh solution for the house (Uk) This will help with black spots/ coverage / speed / getting rid of extender etc. 

But I cannot work out if I need the AX4200 or the AX6000.  The key question is around the number of connected devices. The blurb says........

AX4000 is 40+ Devices. 
AX6000 is 60+ Devices. 

I have 70+ devices in the house but over half are smart lights so do they count as I cannot see them using a lot of bandwidth? I also have my smart TVs hard wired via cat 6 so they are not using the WiFi connect! 

Any feedback would be great. 

Thanks 👍

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7