Get Orbi Pro now

Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Highlighted
Admin

Orbi Pro Wifi 6 Tri-band Mesh System Brings The Ultimate Wifi Experience To Small Businesses

SMB_PROMO_SXK80BLOG_2020-8-26_COMM (1).jpg

Delivering greater coverage, faster speeds, increased capacity and robust security, Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mesh system provides next-generation WiFi for the home office and small business professional.

The Orbi Pro WiFi 6 (SXK80) Tri-band Mesh System, comprised of a single router and a single satellite, can support up to 6 satellites (wireless nodes). An industry leading tri-band WiFi 6 (802.11ax) multi-node mesh system designed to grow with small businesses and home offices as the need to expand their area of network coverage increases.

Orbi Pro WiFi 6, with its pre-configured units and easy in-app setup, is designed specifically for DIY businesses with little or no IT support. Orbi Pro WiFi 6 is also perfect for hospitality and service-based industries such as: restaurants, bars, retail outlets, medical offices, professional services, and even small educational centers.

Orbi Pro WiFi 6 is compatible with the award-winning NETGEAR Insight remote management system. Insight allows you to set up, monitor, and seamlessly manage your Orbi Pro along with other Insight compatible devices, such as our smart switches.

Joining the growing portfolio of WiFi 6 products from NETGEAR Business, Orbi Pro WiFi 6 follows the WAX610 and WAX610Y WiFi 6 dual-band access points launched earlier this quarter.

Read the Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Press Release, or visit the Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Product Pages for more info.

Watch for live webinars and discussions with the Orbi pro WiFi 6 product team in the coming weeks.SXK80-image.png 

Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Tri-Band WiFi System AX6000 (SXK80)
Business Mesh WiFi System covers up to 3,000 sq. ft.
Specs per AX6000 unit AX6000:
Powerful WiFi 6 (11ax) Mesh Technology
4X increased capacity compared to WiFi 5
More bandwidth for more connections
Multi-Gig internet speeds (2.5G Ethernet port or link aggregation)
4 Rear Gigabit ports per unit.
Easy to set up and use with the Insight app

The Orbi Pro WiFi 6 system pairs perfectly with the recently launched NETGEAR CM2000 Modem with 2.5Ggb WAN uplink port. Learn more about Multi-Gig technology.

We’ve love to hear your feedback below on this exciting new series of WiFi 6 products!

Read some initial reviews and impressions of Orbi Pro WiFi 6 from other news sources:

StorageReview: NETGEAR Releases Orbi Pro WiFi 6

Forbes: NETGEARS’s New Orbi Pro Is The Ideal Wireless Network For Small Businesses

Dong Knows Tech: NETGEAR Orbi Pro Wi-Fi 6: A Mesh for Those with a Crazy Deep Pocket

AnandTech: NETGEAR Updates Orbi Pro Lineup with Wi-Fi 6 AX6000 Tri-Band Model

Serve The Home STH: NETGEAR Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Doubles Previous-Gen Speeds

Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Message 1 of 13
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: Orbi Pro Wifi 6 Tri-band Mesh System Brings The Ultimate Wifi Experience To Small Businesses

what specific administration options will this have that  the consumer level wifi 6(rbk850) doesnt have already?

thanks

Message 2 of 13
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Orbi Pro Wifi 6 Tri-band Mesh System Brings The Ultimate Wifi Experience To Small Businesses

For example, Orbi Pro WiFi 6 can use VLAN's with up to 4 SSID's, even using VLAN seperation for each VLAN. Orbi Pro WiFi 6 is also compatible with NETGEAR Insight for remote monitoring and adminstration.

We're having a live event on September 16th where you'll be able to ask questions. http://www.netgearinnovation.com/virtualevents/index.html

Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Message 3 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

So this will allow me to separate my IP cameras from the rest of the network with VLAN?

thank you

Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
Guru

@stevelk9999 wrote:

So this will allow me to separate my IP cameras from the rest of the network with VLAN?

Yes, this is a typical usage example.

Message 5 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

@BretD 

Are there plans to port the vlan functionality to the current Orbi Pro as was promised at one point? Or is this a carrot dangle to lure to the new shiny? Serious question. I just bought a bunch of Orbi Pro gear and no need any time soon for WIFI 6.

Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
Guru

Can't answer for Netgear. However we know the Orbi Pro Wifi 6 ist built on a complete new platform firmware-wise. this would require replacing everything (satellites, outdoor, ...) on the firmware for the devices the "classic" Orbi Pro is supported to work with. This might become a requirement at some stage to reduce the amount for variants to be maintained.

Message 7 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

@schumaku wrote:

Can't answer for Netgear. However we know the Orbi Pro Wifi 6 ist built on a complete new platform firmware-wise. this would require replacing everything (satellites, outdoor, ...) on the firmware for the devices the "classic" Orbi Pro is supported to work with. This might become a requirement at some stage to reduce the amount for variants to be maintained.

Looking at the filesystem of the SXR80... looks the same to me as all the other Orbi FW.. Guess since Netgear as usual will stay silent and avoid the question I'll duplicate the functionality mysellf looking through how the implemented it on the SXR80.... and no offense, but I expected BretD to respond, since they are Netgear... but they won't.

Message 8 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

Message 9 of 13
Highlighted
Tutor

Release date for individual satellites sxs80 seems to have vanished...
Message 10 of 13
Highlighted
Guru

@DarienAL wrote:
Release date for individual satellites sxs80 seems to have vanished...

Where ever, whatever. Local distributor as well as local e-shops have SXS80-100EUS on stock here in central Europe.

Message 11 of 13
Highlighted
Tutor

Provantage claims to have it, we'll see...
Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

I currently have the Orbi AC3000 SSR60 router paired with 2 satellites. How would this compare to options available on the WiFi 6 system and what benefits could it offer in a home and/or business environment over what I currently have?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements