Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro and Sonicwall firewall compatibility

mJack1
Aspirant

Orbi Pro and Sonicwall firewall compatibility

Does the Orbi Pro work with the Sonicwall firewall? Are there any special configurations that I need to be aware of?

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@mJack1,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

If you will connect the Orbi Pro router (SRR60) directly to the Sonicwall Firewall then that will result to a Double NAT scenario which is not advisable.  For more information about Double NAT, kindly read the article here

The following scenarios below will work: 

a.  Set the Orbi Pro Router (SRR60) set as an Access Point connected hardwired to the Sonicwall Firewall.

b.  Set the Orbi Pro Router (SRR60) set as an Access Point connected hardwired to the Sonicwall Firewall.  Then, connect the Orbi Pro Satellite (either SRS60 or SRC60) wirelessly to the Orbi Pro router that is set as an Access Point.

c.  Remove the Sonicwall Firewall and make the Orbi Pro Router (SRR60) as the main router in your network.  One (1) Orbi Pro Router (SRR60) can now support up to seven (7) Orbi Pro Satellites (either SRS60 or SRC60).  Be reminded that the firmware of the Orbi Pro devices should be updated to the latest firmware version.   

For more information about the specification of the Orbi Pro WiFi System, kindly access the links below: 

Orbi Pro Router (SRR60) Data Sheet

Orbi Pro Add-on Satellite (SRS60) Data Sheet

Orbi Pro Ceiling Add-on Satellite (SRC60) Data Sheet

Note: The Orbi Pro WiFI System is NOT compatible to pair with the Orbi Home WiFi System.  Orbi Pro devices are ONLY compatible to pair with Orbi Pro devices. 

Furthermore, an Orbi Pro Router and Orbi Pro Satellite pair can cover up to 5,000 square feet.  Each additional Orbi Pro Add-on Satellite (SRS60 or SRC60) can cover up to 2,500 square feet.  As reference, kindly access and read the article below:

How many square feet does my Orbi Pro cover?

If your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@mJack1,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

If you will connect the Orbi Pro router (SRR60) directly to the Sonicwall Firewall then that will result to a Double NAT scenario which is not advisable.  For more information about Double NAT, kindly read the article here

The following scenarios below will work: 

a.  Set the Orbi Pro Router (SRR60) set as an Access Point connected hardwired to the Sonicwall Firewall.

b.  Set the Orbi Pro Router (SRR60) set as an Access Point connected hardwired to the Sonicwall Firewall.  Then, connect the Orbi Pro Satellite (either SRS60 or SRC60) wirelessly to the Orbi Pro router that is set as an Access Point.

c.  Remove the Sonicwall Firewall and make the Orbi Pro Router (SRR60) as the main router in your network.  One (1) Orbi Pro Router (SRR60) can now support up to seven (7) Orbi Pro Satellites (either SRS60 or SRC60).  Be reminded that the firmware of the Orbi Pro devices should be updated to the latest firmware version.   

For more information about the specification of the Orbi Pro WiFi System, kindly access the links below: 

Orbi Pro Router (SRR60) Data Sheet

Orbi Pro Add-on Satellite (SRS60) Data Sheet

Orbi Pro Ceiling Add-on Satellite (SRC60) Data Sheet

Note: The Orbi Pro WiFI System is NOT compatible to pair with the Orbi Home WiFi System.  Orbi Pro devices are ONLY compatible to pair with Orbi Pro devices. 

Furthermore, an Orbi Pro Router and Orbi Pro Satellite pair can cover up to 5,000 square feet.  Each additional Orbi Pro Add-on Satellite (SRS60 or SRC60) can cover up to 2,500 square feet.  As reference, kindly access and read the article below:

How many square feet does my Orbi Pro cover?

If your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Worth mentioning: Should the intention be to run multiple VLAN e.g. for a primary, guest, and another WLAN, for example (and not abandoning your Sonicwall) - I'm afraid Orbi Pro is the wrong product as it does not come with VLAN support. You might want to look into the Netgear.

Look into Netgear's Insight (switch, wireless AP) offering and the newly introduced Insight Instant Mesh feature (available on the WC540 and WAC564) and a nicely integrated App and cloud based management for the set-up with Insight VLAN supported [PoE] switches. Definitely the better match to the Sonicwall!

Regards,

-Kurt.

PS.While an Insight geek, I have no practical experience on my side with the new feature.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements