Get Orbi Pro now

Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Orbi Pro enabling security on guest wifi

SteveRed
Aspirant

Orbi Pro enabling security on guest wifi

I'm setting up a guest wifi on an orbi probut the guest portal setup screen does not give me the option to set the security. According to the user manual there should be a section for this on the screen but I cant see it.

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Pro enabling security on guest wifi

Hi @SteveRed,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

What is the current firmware version of your Orbi Pro? If ever its not yet on the latest version, I suggest you to upgrade it.  The latest firmware version of the Orbi Pro is v2.2.1.210 and you can download it here.  Then, check if same problem will occur.

If ever still the same problem, kindly post a screenshot of what you see wherein there is no option to set the security on Guest WiFi.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@SteveRed,

Just following up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 7
SteveRed
Aspirant

Hi

My issue has not been resolved. The firmware installed is the latest but it does not give me the option to enable security on the guest wi-fi settings as described in the user manual.

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@SteveRed Browsing the SRK60 User Manual in the range of p.60...67 all I can find are WPA/WPA2 PSK options (Network Keys for wireless) for the admin and the employee networks only. Appears Netgear does expect the users to run the guest network not encrypted (no WPA PSK), and with just access security is provided by the captive portal password. 

Should you have other documentation at hand, provide links and details.

Message 5 of 7
SteveRed
Aspirant

It appears I may have misread the manual and assumed the guset network could be encrypted but it seems it cannot which seems a limitation never the less thank you for your help.

Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Afraid I'm sorry for the bad news, I would love to see the ability to run the guest SSID (for whatever other usage) with an encryption key, too. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements