Get Orbi Pro now

Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Re: Orbi Pro firmware release: v2.2.1.210

NaderA
NETGEAR Expert

Orbi Pro firmware release: v2.2.1.210

Orbi-Pro-Firmware2.png

We are pleased to announce the release of the latest firmware for Orbi Pro. This release provides several of the requested features by our community members and other customers and users of Orbi Pro.

The highlights of the contents of this release are:

• Support for Facebook WiFi – Businesses can now offer free WiFi to their customers using Facebook WiFi for a smoother experience and not to worry about sharing WiFi passwords while keeping track of the activity in their business.
  • Support for Orbi Outdoor in Europe – Now businesses can offer WiFi outdoors to their customers in Europe
  • Support by Insight Manager – this release provides a complete support of Insight Manager for Orbi Pro. Please note that IM5.1 or greater is required for this feature to work properly.
  • Support for VLANs – This release allows the user to utilize VLANs together with priorities and have a better control over the traffic on their networks.
  • Auto firmware update – Orbi Pro can now look for new firmware automatically and update itself without any user intervention. Please note that this feature is disabled by default and has to be manually enabled.
  • Updates to the policies for Employee Network - Admin has the option to allow employees to see each other and access the resources on the local network such as printers, scanners, etc. on Wireless 2 network
  • Several improvements and performance enhancements

The new Orbi Pro firmware for both the router (SRR60) and the satellite (SRS60) can be downloaded here: https://kb.netgear.com/000060322/SRR60-SRS60-Firmware-Version-2-2-1-210

Orbi Pro Product Management

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 34
everydave
Tutor

Re: Orbi Pro firmware release: v2.2.1.210 TRASHED MY NETWORK SETTINGS

• Auto firmware update – Orbi Pro can now look for new firmware automatically and update itself without any user intervention. Please note that this feature is disabled by default and has to be manually enabled.

It seems like this feature was already enabled. MY Orbi system updated itslef at some point overnight with no warning and ended up losing ALL of its settings. I had to go through the entire process again. This is NOT ok.

I went looking for a way to disable automatic updates and am not able to find it. Where am I able to turn this off so it doesn't happen in the future?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 34
Flash008
Luminary

Maybe Netgear can explain where the vLAN feature is. I use AP Mode and cannot find vLAN settings anywhere.

Message 3 of 34
orefalo
Star

The VLAN settings are in Advanced > Advances Settings > Scroll down on the area you will see VLAN/Bridge settings

Cheers

Message 4 of 34
Flash008
Luminary

Dont see it. Let me guess, Rotuer mode ONLY....Does it work in AP Mode (as it should)?

Thanks,

Cory

Message 5 of 34
orefalo
Star

This firmware works great - but only for <24h. I need to reboot the device every day - Wifi is not responding.

Configuration:

* Router+Satelite (Via Ethernet backbone)

* Internet (via PPPoE[AlwaysOn] + VLAN)

* Wifi(5G & 2.4G, all options but + Daisychain off)

* about 14 devices connected.

It works great pretty much all day from a fresh start.

The next morning or later at night, Wifi is not responsive.

Any idea?

Message 6 of 34
jpetrone
Tutor

We are also having problems since the latest update auto installed and we need to reboot roughly once a day. Failure modes include degraded performance, failure to be able to upload files to remote servers, disconnection of devices using ethernet connection. 

Our config is a router with a single satellite using wireless backhaul, plus multiple devices attached directly via ethernet.

System had been stable for 6+ months before that - 

@orefalo wrote:

This firmware works great - but only for <24h. I need to reboot the device every day - Wifi is not responding.

Configuration:

* Router+Satelite (Via Ethernet backbone)

* Internet (via PPPoE[AlwaysOn] + VLAN)

* Wifi(5G & 2.4G, all options but + Daisychain off)

* about 14 devices connected.

It works great pretty much all day from a fresh start.

The next morning or later at night, Wifi is not responsive.

Any idea?

Message 7 of 34
Flash008
Luminary

And the really...messed up part.

They are going to make us wait 2-3 months before we get a working update...with featues we requested.

This is why I only use Orbi in AP mode....I have a "real" router. And it's sad Orbi suffers at it's very basic task of "WIFI".

I now have IP cameras dropping connection every 4-6 hours...and some new "wierd" behavior of devices gaining "192.168.0" IPs....which my network has NO METHOD of using that range. And Orbi is using AP mode...

So, where is it getting this 192.168.0????

Message 8 of 34
NaderA
NETGEAR Expert

Flash008,

The VLAN feature is under Advanced->Advanced Setup -> VLAN/Bridge Settings.

Message 9 of 34
Flash008
Luminary

Does this include AP mode?
Message 10 of 34
NaderA
NETGEAR Expert

jpetrone & orefalo,

I am sorry about the inconvinience. we'll have our support team to contact you directly and work with you to understand the issue/problem. If there are any bugs that cause this behavior, they will be treated with the highest priority and will be fixed right away.

Message 11 of 34
everydave
Tutor

That's nice that you'll treat some of the reported problems with "the highest pirority"...but could you please address the original question of this thread: how can I turn off automatic updates so I can at least be around the next time you all decide you want to completley erase my network configuration?

Message 12 of 34
Flash008
Luminary

Where is VLAN settings, QoS in AP Mode?

SNMP, STP enable/disable?

Love that priority robotic response....

Message 13 of 34
orefalo
Star

Hi, thanks Netgear for quick reply.

Router didn't crash today. Crossing my fingers. I wonder if my ISP is not dropping. Anyways. I am doing further testing and will report on this threat.

PS: My Orbi Pro is in Router mode, not AP.

Message 14 of 34
NaderA
NETGEAR Expert

Hi everydave,

Automatic firmware upgrades should be disabled by default. you can verify that by going to "Advanced -> Administration -> Firmware Update.

There you have the option to "enable" it. 

Message 15 of 34
NaderA
NETGEAR Expert

This is currently supported only when Orbi Pro is in router mode.

Message 16 of 34
Flash008
Luminary

As I thought....

Is there any time frame for vLAN support in AP mode?

Would you not think AP Mode vLAN support is the most common use-case.

If Orbi is using router mode, then all your subnet/vlans terminate at the Orbi router, hence...why would I need vLAN support?

We requested vLAN support due to our use of managed switches and wanting to use our own routers and switches, with vLANs per BSSID, etc. The same reason we requested the abilty to enable/disable STP, and add RSTP (as should have already been done)

Come on Netgear....please "pretend" like you have some commem sense. And give us tiome frames.

So far, my BIGGEST question for you is...What makes Orbi Pro a business product, given its lack of any business features?

Message 17 of 34
everydave
Tutor

There is no option there:

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 10.30.41 AM.png

Message 18 of 34
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@everydave,

I believe that the enable/disable option is there on the Orbi Pro and not on Orbi Home models. It is also not mentioned in the release notes.

@orefalo and @jpetrone,

May you be able to gather the debug logs from both router and satellite when the issue is present? You may just attach it here in our thread.

Regards,

Message 19 of 34
everydave
Tutor

Ok, then make it available, this isn't a hard ask, not doing this is user hostile. Don't just update someone's network that nukes all of their settings with zero communication or warning...the whole point of this post...

Message 20 of 34
Flash008
Luminary

Netgear,

You need to move faster to fix problems.

No tech company I have ever worked with, released bug filled code (firmware), causes problems. Then makes the customer wait 2+ months for the fix.

Orbi Pro is a business product (as you advertise) and hence, you CANNOT treat the product as a cheap consumer device.

Business cannot wait 2 months for solutions.

1. Communication

2. Transparency

3. Detailed release notes

4. What are the goals for the next version of firmware

5. Business abilty to CONTROL their enviroment. (no forced firmware updates, abilty to enable/disable and customize feature for THEIR enviroment).

The money you charged for Orbi Pro is the same cost as other business prodcuts that work far better than yours. Please try to "meet the bar".

Message 21 of 34
orefalo
Star

Thank you @JohnC_V, I haven't had an issue in the last 5 days.

It doesn't run in AP mode, but it's fine for me - VLAN+PPPoE allowed me to get rid of another router.

Cheers

Message 22 of 34
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

In regards to some of the comments in the thread:

-Currently VLAN bridging is only allowed if the Orbi Pro device is in router mode. This issue has been opened with engineering in regards to adding the functionality in AP mode.

-Orbi Pro device is auto updating to the latest firmware. This issue has been opened with engineering in regards to the devices auto updating when the feature is disabled.

@orefalo let me discuss the issues you brought up with @JohnC_V to discuss which of these issues you are still experiencing after upgrading to the latest firmware. 

Message 23 of 34
Flash008
Luminary

Mr. Josh,

Thank you for the reply.

I think at this point, the recent update mostly caused problems and didn’t do much to address any real issues or provide much concerning feature requests.

Hence, I ask you, and Netgear....for more than a general "This issue has been opened with engineering".

1. Communication

2. Transparency

3. Detailed release notes

4. What are the goals for the next version of firmware

5. Business ability to CONTROL their environment. (no forced firmware updates, ability to enable/disable and customize feature for THEIR environment).

6. Estimate Time (can't ask us to sit around for days, weeks, months.."wondering"....No business can afford to "wait" for some random date Netgear "might" address these issues).

The money you charged for Orbi Pro is the same cost as other business products that work far better than yours. Please try to "meet the bar".

Thanks Again for your reply....

Message 24 of 34
WalshEdward
Aspirant

Hello:

Ever since the latest Firmware update I have been having an issue with my HomeKit Devices.  I have been helped with many suggestions via the Netgear Community but all to no avail. :-(  The devices that are having issues are Eve Light Switch and Fibaro Motion and Leak Sensors.  When I am in the room with the Eve Light Switch (which is by the Orbi Router) and Fibaro Sensors are I have no issues.  However, when I go to were the Orbi Satellite is located (roughly 30 ft. away) I will get a 'No Response' in my Home App.  When I leave the house it is the same.  My Philip Hue Lights and August SmartLock are fine as well as the only other Eve Light Switch located in the middle of the house.

That said, I took the two Fibaro Sensors and moved them down by the Orbi Satellite to see what would happen and they seem to be working fine once I did that whether at home or away.  For reference, I did reinstall the last two Firmware versions and everything seemed to work fine.  Sadly, the latest Firmware overwrites the older one shortly after I do it.

If you could make any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.  I did create my own question in the forum regarding my HomeKit issue and had many suggestions from a user named FURRYe38 which I greatly appreciated.

I will leave it at that and await your reply.  Thank you in advance for your time.

Sincerely,

Edward Walsh :-)

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 25 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements