Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Pro incorrectly shows some attached devices as "wired"

itultimate
Aspirant

Orbi Pro incorrectly shows some attached devices as "wired"

Orbi Pro incorrectly shows multiple attached devices with connection type "Wired" - iPhones, Android phones, even the occasional Apple Watch.  At any given time, there are four or five of these miscategorized devices along with 25-30 devices properly listed in the "Wireless Devices" table.

I know for absolute certaintly that these devices are *not* connected via wire, as it is literally physically impossible.  Plus, on occasion, one of the supposedly wired devices is my own Android phone which is sitting on my desk or in my pocket.

Anyone else see this?

Firmware on router and all (3) satellites is current.

Model: SRK60B04|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi Pro incorrectly shows some attached devices as "wired"

this is the forum for the orbi pro:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-pro-wifi

I'm not at home right now but I believe on my orbi home device that the only devices currently showing up as wireless are those connected to the router itself. The devices connected to the satellites are showing as wired in the router attached devices page. if I log into the satellites gui, it shows them as wireless. Not 100% as I'm not home to login and confirm this. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7