Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro - one node reverts to factory SSID and stops other nodes accessing internet

kingswindsor
Tutor

Orbi Pro - one node reverts to factory SSID and stops other nodes accessing internet

I've recently bought an SRR60 router and two SRS60 sattelites to replace a flakey Linksys Velop system that I lost patience with.  All started well with the Orbi Pro but I am geting some unreliability already which I cannot solve by myself.

After setup, the system works well for a couple of days but then users lose internet connection.  This is nothing to do with the modem which is solid. 

What seems to happen is that one node seems to revert to the factory SSID while the other two stay with the new SSID I gave them at setup.  I can log into the node with the factory SSID by using the factory/default password and get connected to the internet.  However the two nodes with the new SSID lose internet connectivity.

The set up is pretty vanilla - I haven't tweaked anything after the automatic setup and nodes are all getting a 'good' signal between them most of the time.  Thanks for any advice! 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
kingswindsor
Tutor

Re: Orbi Pro - one node reverts to factory SSID and stops other nodes accessing internet

Just to close this one off in case it helps others.... The automatic firmware upgrade never worked for the router and both sattelites.  I needed to download the firmware and do the manual install to the sattelites and then it worked reliably.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
kingswindsor
Tutor

Re: Orbi Pro - one node reverts to factory SSID and stops other nodes accessing internet

Just adding some information to the above: when I connect to the (unwanted) factory SSID that connects to the internet, it has an IP address from the router's DHCP server.  When I connect to the SSID I set, it connects with some random IP address with no router DHCP server identified.

So in a table:

Node                       Connection                             SSID               Password            Internet Connection   DHCP Server   

SRR60 router          Connected to Modem            New SSID       As set in setup      No                              None

SRS60 satellite 1     Wifi connection to Router      New SSID       As set in setup      No                              None

SRS60 satellite 2     Wifi connection to Router      Factory SSID   Factory default    Yes                             As set in setup

Message 2 of 4
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @kingswindsor 

Welcome to the Netgear Community. Could you please check your SRR60 and SRS60 are running with latest FW 2.5.1.106? If not please update to the latest provide your updates.

We need debug logs to check what is happening in your network. Please access access your SRS60 by connecting directly thru LAN

https://<SRS60 IP address>/debug.htm

Click on the start capture.

Wait for the issue to happen

Save the debug log and share with us. You can upload debug logs into google drive and share me link via PM.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 3 of 4
kingswindsor
Tutor

Just to close this one off in case it helps others.... The automatic firmware upgrade never worked for the router and both sattelites.  I needed to download the firmware and do the manual install to the sattelites and then it worked reliably.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements