Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi SXR80 with 2 Satellite Bundle Connection Issues

Orbi SXR80 with 2 Satellite Bundle Connection Issues

I’m having the same issue as outlined https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/Orbi-SXR80-with-2-Satellite-Bundle...

In short, when I introduce the 2nd satellite, one of the 2 satellites turns magenta. It’s inconsistent which one, and the location doesn’t seem to matter. I’m running firmware 3.3.0.122.

The router is in AP mode with VLANs enabled. I had the same issue with it in router mode.

Any ideas on what to try?
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions

Yep, it's there 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

are you using a wired or wireless backhaul?

Make sure wireless 1 is using the default vlan. 

You can change it for the other ones but it uses wireless 1 for backhaul connection. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/Major-issues-with-SXK30-amp-VLANs/...

Message 2 of 9

Oh interesting.  I am using Wireless backhaul, and for whatever reason, Wireless 1 did not have the VLAN set.  I just set it to VLAN 1 (the default).

It seems like devices are connecting to it, but I just went to check the 2nd satellite and the light had turned blue after running for about an hour (which means it has a good connection, but I'm not sure why it would flash blue again).

I'll let it run the rest of today and report back what I've found.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

Good luck!
Message 4 of 9

I just checked the satellite and it is showing as magenta, but when I check the status from the Insight app or the orbilogin.com page, it shows connected and having clients.  

Is this perhaps an issue where the satellite is working but showing the incorrect status with the LED?

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

You're able to access the satellite using its ip address? 

Usually if the satellite is showing magenta, it means it was unable to connect. 

Maybe its a vlan issue? Not sure exactly what you have setup for your switchings/routers for vlans. 

Message 6 of 9

Bummer, the original satellite went magenta.  I had to disconnect one of the satellites, and things are working again.  I've confirmed that I still have Wireless 1 on the Default VLAN profile.

Regarding my setup:

Fiber Modem > EdgeRouter X (VLAN tagging enabled) > Orbi AP

I also don't have the guest profile enabled.

I had previously ruled out the EdgeRouter X issue as this same problem was occurring in AP mode with the EdgeRouter X entirely removed from the equation.

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

Never tried to use my SXR30 in AP mode. I thought vlan was disabled in AP mode. Maybe not on the pro units? 

https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 8 of 9

Yep, it's there 🙂

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements