Re: Orbi app cannot connect to Orbi router

lostman
Initiate

Orbi app cannot connect to Orbi router

Model SRR60

IOS version: 14.3

App version: 2.7.6.3

Router firmware version: 2.6.0.108

My ORBI app cannot connect to my ORBI router. As suggested in other threads, I have deleted any nighthawk/netgear apps. I have given local network access to the app. I have even reinstalled the router. Just tired and out of options. Any recommendation will be helpful.

a) I have uninstalled and installed orbi app.

b) I have tried 3 IOS devices, all give the same problem.

Message 1 of 16
TMD414
Aspirant

I am having same issue. Have enabled local network on app. Can only login via web page. Very frustrating.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 16
lostman
Initiate

Netgear folks, we really need help here. It is very painful to see to be not bable to use $400 hardware.

Message 3 of 16
Andrewdan
Initiate

I have the same issue. I have done all the recommended steps and nothing works. I have even deleted and reinstalled the app. Nothing works. The problem started when I updated the Firmware to V2.6.0.108. I can however access the router through the web with no problem.

Model SRR60

IOS version: 14.3

App version: 2.7.6.3

Router firmware version: 2.6.0.108

Message 4 of 16
MariusG
Aspirant

Andriod 11

App version: 2.8.0.1.1395

SRR60 FW V2.6.0.108

Same problem here. No contact with the router via the app even though access via web works. Started after I installd router firmware version 2.8.0.108. This seems to be happening to a lot of users, so a quick resolution from Netgear would be nice.

Message 5 of 16
Tonytonytony
Tutor

SRR60
Firmware: 2.6.0.108
IOS:14.3

Same issue here with this update. Lost connection to the Orbi app. Have viewed all forums for a fix and tried them.

I gave up, I resorted to going back to the previous firmware to have the app function. My satellite is still on the new firmware but the router has been downgrade back to 2.5.5.100

I cringe and hesitate every time a new firmware comes out, it’s not normal when you pay for an expensive hardware to have to worry about this.

Message 6 of 16
bamacab
Tutor

I think it is because they want to force us to pay for Insight now.  Why else no communication and that this happen as soon as we all upgraded to 2.6.0.108.

So anyone who doesn't believe it is time to step on tech companies, needs their head examined.  

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 7 of 16
Tonytonytony
Tutor

Has anyone updated the IOS Netgear Orbi App to 2.8.0.15 and tried updating the new firmware to 2.6.0.108? I’m curious if the new app update will fix the issue with the firmware update.
Message 8 of 16
Andrewdan
Initiate

Yes, I have but that update does not resolve the problem.
Message 9 of 16
Openhorizonz
Aspirant

It's of little comfort but at least i'm not the only one with this problem. Spent hours trying to sort this out but have come to the conclusion its an App issue - come on Netgear - Need this sorted.

Message 10 of 16
bamacab
Tutor

I read that their solution is the orbi app will no longer work starting with this update. As I said they are forcing everyone to a paid Insight which is a horrible app itself. I will be leaving netgear and taking all my clients as they start to need new and additional equipment. I hope netgear loses so many customers they are forced to sell.
Message 11 of 16
Tonytonytony
Tutor

If I new this would have happened, I would have never bought this! I have had this Orbi for a year now, It frustrates me that I spent this much money on this. I will definitely be passing the word to everyone to stop purchasing Netgear.
Message 12 of 16
schumaku
Guru

@bamacab wrote:
I read that their solution is the orbi app will no longer work starting with this update.

Sources, references, links?  If none: Fake news...

@bamacab wrote:
As I said they are forcing everyone to a paid Insight ...

Again: Sources, references, links? If none: Fake news...

@bamacab wrote:
... paid Insight which is a horrible app itself.

It's a little difficult to compare Insight and Orbi App, because both are made for very different purposes. To make things even more complicated when using Insight in a mixed environment, the classic Orbi Pro does lack of core features required to be integrated with an Insight environment, and Insight lacks of almost all Orbi App features.

Even if your suspicion should be intended, I can't see how the Insight App should replace the Orbi App for Orbi Pro management.

Message 13 of 16
Kmac40
Aspirant

This has been frustrating me for weeks and I finally got it o work. I did not have Netgear armor activated (bit defender) so I reinstalled that app. At first it was not connecting, 2 access points were available and it was auto-connecting to the one just listed as “armor”. I manually switched it to “Netgear armor” and it connected right away.
Then I went back into the Orbi app and it finally worked:)
Good luck!
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 14 of 16
Kmac40
Aspirant

* Forgot to say (though I doubt this had anything to do with it) the only other setting I fiddled with prior to the Orbi app being able to connect to router again was on my iPhone, under date/time. There is is something called “24 hr time” that I enabled. Then I turned on Armor and it worked. Thought it may be worth mentioning because because I had issues with my Blink cameras being able to go on “live” view. After I checked the Orbi app and it was working, I went into the Blink app and the live view was working as well. Hope that helps!
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 15 of 16
Tonytonytony
Tutor

‎here’s a a different thread where it states that orbi pro app will not function with new firmware update..

2021-02-01 11:35 AM
Re: Orbi Pro SRR60 admin page return 500 internal server error
@cecltd,

Did you set a static IP Address on your SRR60? If yes, are you able to get replies when you ping it via command prompt?

If you are able to get replies from the static IP Address of your SRR60, try the steps below:

1. Disconnect the SRR60 from the network.
2. Connect a PC directly to it. Assign a static IP Address to the PC that is within the IP address range of the static IP Address set on the SRR60. For example: if you SRR60 has a static IP Address of 192.168.9.1, then set a static IP Address of 192.168.9.2 to your PC.
3. Try to access the web-GUI of your SRR60. You may also try to ping the static IP Address of your SRR60 again to verify.

But my firmware is V2.5.1.106 already, should I upgrade to V2.6.0.108?
You can upgrade the firmware to v2.6.0.108. Kindly read its release notes and you can also download it here.

Be reminded that with the release of Orbi Pro Firmware v2.6.0.108, the Orbi app can NO longer be used with Orbi Pro devices like the SRR60 & SRS60. This is NOT an issue and NOT a bug.

Orbi App is compatible to be used with Orbi Home Devices. For Orbi Pro devices, it is advisable to use the NETGEAR Insight app for management.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements