Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi pro SRR60 Displays Error in Red below the Internet connection in AP Mode

JeffFerg
Guide

Orbi pro SRR60 Displays Error in Red below the Internet connection in AP Mode

Please let me know how to correct the situation. Router works in AP but displays the Red Error. Thanks.Red Error Message.jpg

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi pro SRR60 Displays Error in Red below the Internet connection in AP Mode

Glad you got it figured out!

Might mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it when you've figured it out. 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

do you have your Internet connection connected to the wan port on the router? Or the lan port? 

What router is it connected to?

Message 2 of 10
JeffFerg
Guide

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the feed from one of the SonicWALL router's LAN ports goes to the WAN port of the Orbi SRR60 in the AP mode. Even though the Internet connection displays the BIG RED sign of "ERROR",  the Orbi in the AP mode provides correct connectivity to devices connected via Wi-Fi. I have connected another SRR60 Pro as a test and it also shows the "Big Red Error" and it also works. Furthermore, I have tested the setup with an Asus, TP and D-Link routers in AP mode, all of them show the Internet connection correctly, not in Red. 

Is there some Error in the Orbi SRR60 Pro Firmware or configuration?

Thanks,
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

wonder if its something in the sonic wall that blocks how the router is checking its internet connection. 

Message 4 of 10
JeffFerg
Guide

Could be but that "something" doesn't block the other manufacturer's Routers in the AP Mode. I will look at that too, thanks.

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

could be. if the netgear is "phoning home" to a server on netgear that's blocked, that could be it. 

Not sure how exactly it tests its online connection

Message 6 of 10
JeffFerg
Guide

Thanks for all the hints, found the Source of the error. I temporarily disabled the "Intrusion Prevention Service", IPS, on the SonicWALL for the statically assigned IP Address for the the Netgear SRR60-Pro and then the "Red Error" changed to the "Green Good". I then reversed the procedure to keep the IPS Protection active for the downstream devices. The Orbi still works fine.

Thus, the hint of the Orbi "phoning home" could be true, I am still puzzled that the other previously mentioned router makers work fine which to me means that they are not using the same authentication methods.

Thanks again for all the help.

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it figured out!

Might mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it when you've figured it out. 

Message 8 of 10
JeffFerg
Guide

Does clicking on the "Accept as Solution" qualified for "Solved"? If not, please point me to that Button, Thanks.

Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

yes

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements