Re: Orbi pro crashes twice per day

jongbj
Guide

Orbi pro crashes twice per day

I have an Orbi Pro SRR60 running the latest firmware (2.3.5.108) with 3 satellites running the same firmware.

Lately, the router seems to crash twice per day. Once in the morning when I use an app on an iPad to turn of my Verisure alarm system. This happens usually between 8 and 9. And than, approx. 12 hours later, it crashes again. 

The result is no more internet for the devices connected both wireless as wired. Only restarting the router by using the on/off button will resume the internet connection. 

Message 1 of 14
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

What is happening at the time the device crashes? Is it just the satellites that crash or the router? or both? Do the satellites or router exibit any blinking or color patterns?

Message 2 of 14
jongbj
Guide

Sorry for the late reply, was travelling.

The router is the problem. Somehow, the internet connection just shuts down, both wireless as wired devices loose their internet connection. I can't reach the router admin-page and the only resolve is to restart the router.. 

The router doens't blink any lights. 

As an experiment, I've disconnected the alarm system from the router, which is possible as it also has a 4G connection. After that, the router never crashed. 

This leads me to believe that somehow, the alarm system does something the router doesn't like. 

Message 3 of 14
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Was the alarm system connected wirelessly or wired to the router? It could be flooding the device causing the device to panic. We could review it in the Orbi logging if theres any indication of what happened at the time.

Message 4 of 14
jongbj
Guide

The alarm system is connect wired, not wireless.

How do I/We review the Orbi logfiles? Any place I need to look?

I dit find a 'panic_log.txt'. It contains a lot of information, including:

<4>[<c0209580>] (__irq_svc) from [<c0245760>] (get_pid_task+0x4/0x4c)
<4>[<c0245760>] (get_pid_task) from [<c03019c4>] (proc_fd_access_allowed+0x10/0x60)
<4>[<c03019c4>] (proc_fd_access_allowed) from [<c0301abc>] (proc_pid_readlink+0x1c/0xec)
<4>[<c0301abc>] (proc_pid_readlink) from [<c02c5810>] (SyS_readlinkat+0x9c/0xcc)
<4>[<c02c5810>] (SyS_readlinkat) from [<c0208c80>] (ret_fast_syscall+0x0/0x38)
<0>Code: eb414b06 e2843018 f57ff05b e1932f9f (e2422001)
<4>---[ end trace 2db7e6bc3bf2f8b3 ]---
<0>Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt
<4>@@@@@@@@@ DNI Kernel panic @@@@@@@@@@

Message 5 of 14
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

From the panic string it looks like something caused the unit to panic and we will need engineering to review further on this. Let me send you a private message about this to collect more information. 

Message 6 of 14
jongbj
Guide

Thanks! Mail sent

Message 7 of 14
sycshk
Aspirant

My Orbi Pro randomly crashes every week. I'm currently using V2.4.0.114 and would really need a schedule reboot. I'm also not sure why it crashes but it seems to be with internet usage? Might be something wrong with garbage collection. My Orbi Pro is used only for internal systems and there are even no guests or employee using it.

Message 8 of 14
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

sycshk.

Can you go to ipaddressofdevice/debug.html and record a debug session until the crash happens and send it to me as a private message? Would like to debug this further with engineering.

In regards to your theory on the device needing a reboot after so much internet usage. Do you have an estimate of how long/how much data, until the device is needing to be rebooted?

Message 9 of 14
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@sycshk  Could you please send us the debug log to debug further on this?

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 10 of 14
sycshk
Aspirant

Actually have been restarting it manually for the past few weeks and no issues for now.
Message 11 of 14
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

@sycshk  Actually we need to understand why your Orbi Pro is freezing. If you can help in sharing the debug file so that you can avoid rebooting periodically.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 12 of 14
sycshk
Aspirant

It's very hard to start recording now as we cannot accept it crashing. As our business as usual systems are all mission critical and cannot just let it crash. We have to reboot on daily basis.

Message 13 of 14
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

We would need a debug log collected to better understand the cause of the crashing. This would not require any downtime in anyway during the debugging. Let me send you a private message on how to collect the debug logs.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements