Orbi pro satellite syncing

CatalystN
Aspirant

Orbi pro satellite syncing

When plugging in the satellite it blinks white for a couple of minutes then goes solid blue which should mean that it has connected to the network. But when I am in the portal and I click add satellite it still walks me through the process as if it isn't connected. The main orbi router doesn't have a blue light on top so I am not sure if it is actually synced with the network or not. How can I tell and what can I do to rectify the issue? They are within range of each other.

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 8
Streak2
Master
CatalystN
Aspirant

Re: Orbi pro satellite syncing

That was the first article I read, that is also the text that comes up when going through the wizard in the portal but if you read my message above it does not follow what is suposed to be the sequence.

Message 3 of 8
Streak2
Master

I would just try and manually sync using the sync buttons.

1. Place your satellite.
    For more information, visit Where should I place my Orbi Pro devices?
  2. Connect the satellite to a power source.
  3. If the Power LED on the back of the satellite doesn’t light, press the Power On/Off button.
  4. Wait about two minutes for the satellite ring LED to light solid white.
  5. Press the Sync button on the back of the satellite and within two minutes, press the Sync button on the back of your router.
    The satellite ring LED pulses white, lights one of the following colors for about three minutes, and then turns off:
  • Blue. The Orbi router and satellite successfully synced, and the connection between the router and satellite is good.
  • Amber. The Orbi router and satellite successfully synced, and the connection between the router and satellite is fair. Consider moving the Orbi satellite closer to the Orbi router.
  • Magenta. The Orbi router and satellite failed to sync. Move the satellite closer to the router and try again.
Message 4 of 8
Streak2
Master

Once you have completed this then login to the web interface of the Orbi router and the status screen should indicate that 1 satellite is connected.

I dont have the Pro just the regular one but it should be the same. Mine shows

Number of Satellites: 2
Number of devices: 10
Message 5 of 8
CatalystN
Aspirant

Its just confusing because the satellite has a solid blue ring now but the router has no light and in the portal it says no satellites are connected.

Message 6 of 8
Streak2
Master

The portal can take a minute or 2 to update after a successful sync.

The blue light should eventually go out once sync'd.

If still giving grief, do a factory reset of the router and start again.

If you got the router and satellite as a pair the syncing should be automatic after powering both on.

Try and bring the 2 closer together and try again.

Message 7 of 8
rmadilao
Guide

I had the same issue when syncing my satellites too.  I found the proceess doesn't quite match the documentation.  In order to get it to work, I had to do the sync process twice for each satellite, then everything was good.  First sync would fail, do the sync process a second time, and it works.  Did this for 3 pro satellites.  When you power on the satellites, it will never go to a solid white state as the instructions say.  Just sync between router and satellite, when it fails, try it again.  Second time is a charm. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements