Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi pro set up for google home

LarsA
Aspirant

Orbi pro set up for google home

How to set up Orbi pro so it's working with google home, with the regular Orbi it's not any problem, but with the Orbi pro

google home lose the wifi signal frequently.

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
LarsA
Aspirant

Hi, as I was informed by the Swedish netgear suport team that I can`t use google home with Orbi pro, did I return my home assistant to the store again, so I can`t produce any report to you. I will close the thread for now. I will try a new google home assistant later on.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi LarsA,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

NETGEAR doesn't recommend to have a 3rd party to be connected on the Orbi/Orbi Pro.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 13
schumaku
Guru

Hm @JohnC_V  I think you mix up something: Google Home is a smart speaker, not a mesh or the like network.

Message 3 of 13
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@schumaku,

My apologies. I overlooked that one and I was referring to Google Mesh.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 13
schumaku
Guru

Hey @JohnC_V - please don't worry, we all hit similar traps every now and then in attempt of assisting Netgear customers here. Very often it's difficult to decode and understand the issues posted. Thank you for all your efforts over the years. Happy Holidays!

PS. I'm considering to massively reduce my time and efforts with this community - because of Negear (not you personally!) is unable to say "Thank you!".

Message 5 of 13
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @LarsA 

1. Can you check the "Attached Device" page, what's the device's signal strengh?

2. Could you please share the debug logs? Access your Orbi with http:///debug.htm. Start capture before you recreate the issue. Wait for at least 5 mins to record all the debug info in the logs before saving it. You can upload into google drive and share me link via PM

Message 6 of 13
LarsA
Aspirant

Hi BruceGuo

I have got the information that the model "Orbi pro" is not working with Google home and Netgear has no plans to do an update.

However model "Orbi" is working with Google home. Unfortunately I didn't have that info when I bought Orbi pro.

Message 7 of 13
schumaku
Guru

@LarsA wrote:

I have got the information that the model "Orbi pro" is not working with Google home and Netgear has no plans to do an update.

However model "Orbi" is working with Google home.

This does read almost unbelieveable - a Google (Nest) Home [Mini] [Hub] [Protect] [Video Doorbell] or Chromecast from this product line should not work on the Orbi Pro. @YeZ please enlight us (or Netgear RD).

Message 8 of 13
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @LarsA 

We need debug logs to understand why your google nest is having connection issues with Orbi Pro. Please help us to provide the debug log mentioned below:

Go to the http://<ip address of orbi pro>/debug.htm.

Then click on start capture. Wait for the issues to happen and save the debug logs.

Please wait at least 5 mins before saving the logs to record everything in the logs.

You can upload debug into google drive and send me link via PM.

Hope you can provide the debug logs soon.

Have a nice day!

Raghu

Message 9 of 13
nmhTester
NETGEAR Expert

I did not see any issues with SRR60 running latest V2.5.0.108

Setup :

Internet===SRR60(Router mode)~~~wireless backhaul~~SRS60

I have three wireless clients for this test.

Android phone running Google Home app.

Google Speaker

Macbook Pro.

all joined to SRR60 (due to the proxmity)

What SSID are you using ?

I am using SSID1 and I am able to do the following :

1) Discover and Add factory reset Google Home speaker from Android home and Google Home App.

2) cast music from Chrome browser of Macbook Pro on the Google Home speaker (same SSID).

3) use Google Home app on android phone and cast music from Google play Music to the speaker.  With bluetooth or via Wifi Audio casting.

In my case all the three devices on SRR60 as these were in same room. I did not try getting speaker connected across to a SRS60 in the other room as  I have disconnected it for now.

I have music (audio cast) going for 30 mins now and there has been no disconnects or drop off.

So it is safe to say there is no system wide inter-op issues with OrbiPro and Google/Nest speakers.

however, please work with @RaghuHR  to share your detailed setup and debug capture.

Message 10 of 13
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Lars-Åke Jävert , Do you have any further update and debug logs for your Google home connectivity issue with Orbi Pro? Please update otherwise please mark this thread close. Thank you, Raghu
Message 11 of 13
LarsA
Aspirant

Hi, as I was informed by the Swedish netgear suport team that I can`t use google home with Orbi pro, did I return my home assistant to the store again, so I can`t produce any report to you. I will close the thread for now. I will try a new google home assistant later on.

Message 12 of 13
nmhTester
NETGEAR Expert

Just to conclude,

OrbiPro will support all the standard 802.11  (Wi-Fi) clients.

apologies for any confusion created. 

Thank you everyone for bringing this to a closure.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements