Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi pro srr60 not working with mobile app

Orbi pro srr60 not working with mobile app

Last night I update my orbi pro to latest SRR60 / SRS60 Firmware Version 2.6.0.108 after update now my phone is connected to WiFi but unable to locate my orbi pro
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

@nyny56 wrote:

i have srs60 paired with sxr80+sxs80.  they were updated to 3.2.3.100 today. 

Sounds very wrong, at least more then odd to me. The SRS60 (that's a router and officially not convertable to a sttellite, too) isn't supposed to be workable as a paired satellite on the Orni Pro AX.

It might work in AP mode as a standalone device, and beeing Insight manageable. 

@nyny56 wrote:

while srs60 seems to function ok as satellite it cant be managed from insight

The SRS60 isn't supposed to work as a satellite to an Orni Pro AX system - so I don't wonder much.

The subject of this post is incomplete - the talk is about the Orbi App ... not Insight.

@nyny56 wrote:

or from the sxr80 firmware update date. 

As above.

@nyny56 wrote:

sxr80 update page always says it doesnt know what version it is at.

As above. SXR80 does not know about the SRS80 in general.

@nyny56 wrote:

is there a url to download 2.6.2.200 directly.  then i log into srs60 and use its firmware update page in browser.

.200 is released to the Insight managed (complete) Orbi Pro systems.

.200 download links are supplied as a copy here (ignore it's a beta path - it's .200). 

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 17

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@harminder_raja,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Are you referring to the Orbi app?  If yes, be informed that with the release of Orbi Pro Firmware v2.6.0.108, the Orbi app can NO longer be used with Orbi Pro devices like the SRR60 & SRS60. This is NOT an issue and NOT a bug.  

Orbi App is compatible to be used with Orbi Home Devices and for Orbi Pro devices, it is advisable to use the NETGEAR Insight app for management.   Also, there is no official documentation released that Orbi App can be use to manage the Orbi Pro devices. 

If you don't want to purchase a NETGEAR Insight Premium/Pro subscription, you can still manage your Orbi Pro devices locally through its web-GUI. 

If you wish to continue using the Orbi app, you will need to downgrade the firmware of your Orbi Pro devices.  Be reminded that future bug fixes, new features and enhancements will not be included in previous Orbi Pro firmwares. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 17
john1990
Initiate

So after doing a hard reset 10 times, uninstalling the app 5 times, I finally found this thread saying that the srs60 is not supported....

Now I feel stupid buying the pro version and not the rs50.

Instead of using the user friendly app I now have two choices: using an app where i have to pay for an subscription (like the router with 3 satellites wasn’t expensive enough) or downgrade the firmware (hello security problems)

I am a little disappointed.
Can I make one small suggestion? Please add one small feature to the app. If it finds a Srs60, don’t say: network not found. Instead make a popup that says: ‘your router isn’t supported anymore’. At least that prevents users like me spending a whole day resetting the firmware and reinstalling the app a thousand times.

Thank you.
Message 3 of 17

Hello
So it’s mean this is new feature how to rip more money from customers. if they mention this before I will not buy these pro devices.

For old customer they have to give us access on a Orbi home app because they didn’t mention this before and now they change everything for making more money.
Message 4 of 17

Hello
New update release for Orbi pro
Finally they fix Orbi app issue and Orbi pro start working with Orbi app

Thanks
Message 5 of 17
nyny56
Aspirant

where can i find download for 2.6.2.200 - it doesnt show up on support page downloads

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 6 of 17

Open your Orbi router on browser with IP address
Use you username and password to login
Then go to advanced tab
Click on administration and look for firmware update
On top you will see in blue new firmware available to update

Message 7 of 17
nyny56
Aspirant

thank you, but i have srs60 paired with sxr80+sxs80.  they were updated to 3.2.3.100 today.  while srs60 seems to function ok as satellite it cant be managed from insight or from the sxr80 firmware update date.  sxr80 update page always says it doesnt know what version it is at.

is there a url to download 2.6.2.200 directly.  then i log into srs60 and use its firmware update page in browser.

Message 8 of 17
JohnD333
Apprentice

Try

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/SRS60.aspx#download

Or back up a “/“ (or two) to get documents for SRS60 (or support fir any netgear device).
Message 9 of 17
nyny56
Aspirant

that page only lists 2.6.0.108 as the latest.

Message 10 of 17
JohnD333
Apprentice

I hate to say this but the same is often true for more than a week after insight alert with firmware updates for the latest Orbi pro WiFi 6 models. Why not available simultaneously escapes me. There has been a delay between the App availability and insight portal availability, but not near the delay as experienced with the support page.
Message 11 of 17
JohnD333
Apprentice

Forgot to mention. Sometimes there are different update firmware packages for the router versus the sat, but not always. Might check to see if support page for router has the latest version.
Message 12 of 17
nyny56
Aspirant

yes, thanks though.  checked both.  the versions are old on the support page for both products.    

Message 13 of 17

I hope they upload new firmware to support website soon so all other people resolve there issues too.
Keep eye on support website
Message 14 of 17
schumaku
Guru

@nyny56 wrote:

i have srs60 paired with sxr80+sxs80.  they were updated to 3.2.3.100 today. 

Sounds very wrong, at least more then odd to me. The SRS60 (that's a router and officially not convertable to a sttellite, too) isn't supposed to be workable as a paired satellite on the Orni Pro AX.

It might work in AP mode as a standalone device, and beeing Insight manageable. 

@nyny56 wrote:

while srs60 seems to function ok as satellite it cant be managed from insight

The SRS60 isn't supposed to work as a satellite to an Orni Pro AX system - so I don't wonder much.

The subject of this post is incomplete - the talk is about the Orbi App ... not Insight.

@nyny56 wrote:

or from the sxr80 firmware update date. 

As above.

@nyny56 wrote:

sxr80 update page always says it doesnt know what version it is at.

As above. SXR80 does not know about the SRS80 in general.

@nyny56 wrote:

.200 is released to the Insight managed (complete) Orbi Pro systems.

.200 download links are supplied as a copy here (ignore it's a beta path - it's .200). 

Message 15 of 17
nyny56
Aspirant

thank you very much for the link.  that worked perfectly.

srs60 is orbi pro satellite and is able to function as a wired backhaul satellite to sxr80.   however, this configuration isnt fully supported; 1. insight recognizes the sxr80 as having the srs60 as a working/connected satellite, but cant manage the srs60  2. sxr80 browser page for attached devices shows the srs60 as attached and a satellite, but doesnt correctly report devices attached to the srs60.  wireless devices attached to the srs60 are reported from sxr80 attached devices page as having a blank link status.  they are nonetheless attached and can/do function at full srs60 speed.

srr60 is an orbit pro router and i am not aware of any way to make srr60 a satellite of sxr80.  the ability to use srs60 as a satellite helped recoup some of my previous investment after upgrade to sxr/sxs80 from srr/srs60.

Message 16 of 17

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements