Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi router SXR80 + 5 satellites SXS80 in ethernet backhaul not working properly

Theo_C
Tutor

Orbi router SXR80 + 5 satellites SXS80 in ethernet backhaul not working properly

Hello all, we are using the Orbi router SXR80 in backhaul with 5 satellites SXS80, all satellites are correctly recognized in wired mode, but for 2 of these 5 satellites, no devices seem to be able to connect to them.
I've already tried to reset these 2 satellites, their firmware is up to date, and I have the feeling that we can connect to them only when they're on wireless (indeed, I first add the satellites via WiFi before connecting them in ethernet).

So I wonder if there's an ethernet backhaul satellite limit?

I'll take any advice, thanks! 🙂

Message 1 of 9
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Orbi router SXR80 + 5 satellites SXS80 in ethernet backhaul not working properly

Hi

I don't see the limitation. Can you draw your topology and our SW team will reproduce the issue. See if you can provide debug files so that we can import your configuration.

Bruce

NETGEAR

Message 2 of 9
plemans
Guru

curious if its a satellite specific issue or a location issue. 

Can you swap one not connecting with one that is and see if anything changes?

Message 3 of 9
Theo_C
Tutor

Here is the topology, RED satellites are seen by the router as wired but no equipment can connect to them, GREEN satellites are also seen by the router and equipement can connect to them. Devices can also connect to the router in AP mode.
I don't really have any logs to give you, the satellites don't have any, and those from the router in AP mode aren't interesting.
But here are two screenshots to show you that there's no equipment on it.

Theo_C_0-1688741975743.pngTheo_C_1-1688742008494.png

Message 4 of 9
Theo_C
Tutor

Yes, I could, but what's annoying is that I'm in a company, and I can't carry out my tests during working hours, because every time a satellite is synchronized, all the wifi goes down. I've tried changing my satellite postions, but unfortunately it's not better.

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

with your topology, have you tried going: 

1st switch---->SXR wan port----lan port out----->2nd switch----->sxs? 

that way the switch is off the SXR's lan ports

Message 6 of 9
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Hi 

Just an update - we cannot reproduce.

When the issue happens, although wired satellite is not 100% synced, can you access its debug page, save debug file, and PM me for investigation?

Message 7 of 9
Theo_C
Tutor

I captured and saved the debug logs, I sent you a private message 🙂

Thanks again for your help!

Message 8 of 9
Theo_C
Tutor

Hello all,

I think I've found the problem, looking at the basic_debug_log.txt file, I can see that my STAFF SSID is missing on my satellite-4, the GUEST SSID appears but not the STAFF one, although the ports on my switch and on the satellite are in trunk mode.
And indeed, when I'm next to the satellite, I can connect to the GUEST network, but not STAFF.
Do you have any ideas?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements