Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi5XR30 Which code is Security Code on bottom label. Tried them all so, Trying to connect laptop.

Mu-5
Follower

Orbi5XR30 Which code is Security Code on bottom label. Tried them all so, Trying to connect laptop.

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi5XR30 Which code is Security Code on bottom label. Tried them all so, Trying to connect lap

The product label on my Orbi (different model) contains:

WiFi  Network Name (SSID) which is the letters "ORBI" plus a two digit number, and

Network Key (Password), which is a couple of random words, such as "monstermonkey"

There is also a QR code, which I ignore.

This is not what your product label shows?

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi5XR30 Which code is Security Code on bottom label. Tried them all so, Trying to connect lap

During the product setup, many users decide to change both the SSID and the password to something else.  For example, every WiFi router I have installed since 2005 has had exactly the same SSID/password.  If this was done, then the product label no longer applies.

Message 3 of 5

@CrimpOn wrote:

During the product setup, many users decide to change both the SSID and the password to something else. 

A reset will restore those details to the default.

You can then change them to whatever takes your fancy. Just remember to remember them.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

do you have the SXK30? Yours isn't a model that you put. 

You can always cheat and hardwire a pc/laptop into the device so you can access it and view/change the ssid. 

Also, if you have it managed through insight, you could log into insight and check its ssid/password.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements