Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Please explain the three networks

alderud
Aspirant

Please explain the three networks

At home I have an Orbi RBK50 system with both WiFi networks activated:

- The ”all access network” where each device can access all other device on the network.

- The “guest network” where each device can only access the Internet

So, for my business I decided to install the Orbi Pro to use the three networks availible according to the marketing information on the Netgear website:

- Admin, with access to critical infrastructure

- Employee, with no access to critical infrastructure

- Guest/Customer, with no access to critical infrastructure and configurable access

Well, to my surprise the “Employee” network is not really an employee network where connected device have no access to critical infrastructure, instead the employee network is really the same as a guest network where connected devices have no access to anything but the Internet....or have I missed something?

Who has employees that do not require access to a printer or a file server?

Am I missing something? Is there a way to configure the employee network so it can be used by employees?

...or did Netgear just screw me with their marketing and delivered the Orbi Pro with three networks:

1. “All access network”

2. “Guest  network”

3. “Guest  network, with landing page”

My guess is that Netgear messed up their engineering and marketing of the Orbi Pro....but I am still hoping for somebody to save my sanity...

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Admin

Re: Please explain the three networks

Good afternoon @alderud,

We are currently investigating how to provide this capability. We will provide an update once we have a been able to determine a time-line of an expected release date. 

Please stay tuned...

Kind regards,

ChristineT

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
ChristineT
Admin

Good afternoon @alderud,

We are currently investigating how to provide this capability. We will provide an update once we have a been able to determine a time-line of an expected release date. 

Please stay tuned...

Kind regards,

ChristineT

Message 2 of 3
alderud
Aspirant

Thank you Christine!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies