Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question about SXR80 firmware 4.0.0.118 and known issue workaround

Architekt
Apprentice

Question about SXR80 firmware 4.0.0.118 and known issue workaround

One of the items in the patch notes says this:

• When the SXR80 router is connected to multiple SXS30 and SXS80 satellites, wireless clients that connect to wireless network 3 with VLAN enabled cannot access the Internet.
    Workaround: Reload the wireless configuration or disable the VLAN feature on wireless network 3.

Just so I don't mess myself up, since I do use wireless network 3 with VLAN, what *exactly* is meant by "reload the wireless configuration" and how do I do that? Does that just simply mean use the "Backup Settings" tab BEFORE I update, then update to the latest firmware, then when everything is all done simply restore that backup? Or should I backup AFTER I update and then restore? Or is it something entirely different? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Question about SXR80 firmware 4.0.0.118 and known issue workaround

You just need to change setting and apply again.

Message 2 of 3
JTK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Question about SXR80 firmware 4.0.0.118 and known issue workaround

I'm having issues with this firmware update.  Many of my wireless IOT devices on the same VLAN profile shared with LAN3 are losing connection and then reconnecting at a later time.  This started occurring after the firmware update.  I've tried restoring settings from a previous backup, but this only fixes the issue for a couple of hours before returning.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements