Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50Y won't stay connected

dhey
Follower

RBS50Y won't stay connected

I have a SRR60, 2 SRS60 (wired backhaul) and 2 RBS50Y's setup with daisy chain. The on all devices are at FW V2.5.4.104.

The RBS50Y's will not stay connected even when placed right within 5 feet of and of the other satelittes or router. I can get them to connect by sync'ing them but then they randomly drop the connection.

I have tried to factory reset everything, re-flashing the FW on every device (and do a factory reset after that) but nothing has worked to get me RBS50Y's to stay connected. 

Does anyone have anything else to try to keep my RBS50Y's connected?

Message 1 of 13
mindgrape
Tutor

Re: RBS50Y won't stay connected

I have a similiar problem, have upgraded to 2.5.5.100 but still same issue. I have opened a ticket with Netgear support - will let you know if things resolves at my end.

Regards, 

Mikael 

Message 2 of 13
ralwet
Tutor

I own 1 SRR60, 1 SRS60 and 1 RBS50Y. I have exactly the same problem with the RBS50Y. Somewhere I found a hint that older firmware versions run more stable than the new ones. In desperation I installed the firmware versions backwards. Down until version V2.5.2.104. If I run the whole system with this version the RBS50Y connects stable for up to 13h. But then it reconnects again. But at least I can live with it...

Message 3 of 13
wmarks79
Tutor

Hi-

Having exact same issue. It used to work fine, then out of the blue, stopped re-connecting to mesh system (SRR60 and SRS60s). It doesn't matter if it's the base or satellite. Stays connected for a couple hours then drops and won't automatically re-connect. It's like it looses configuration setting of how to reconnect or something. I have to continually "Sync" it. I was on release prior to V2.5.4.104 when it happened. Thought upgrading to V2.5.4.104 firmware would help. Now going to try the newest V2.5.5.100. Is it possible to be a hardware issue? Or firmware related?

Thanks!

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 4 of 13
wmarks79
Tutor

An Update: I upgraded RBS50y firmware to V2.5.5.100 (All other devices SRR60 and SRS60 are on V2.5.5.100). At first sync I placed next to router. It stayed connected for over 24 hrs. All seemed well. I moved it to the location I've had it installed for over a year (without issue in the past). It connects through a SRS60. The RBS50y stayed connected for most of the day, but this morning it was disconnected. I performed a manual sync (press button on back of RBS50y, click Sync button through web-interface) and it re-connected. I'm going to see how long it stays connected. The two SRS60 satellites stay connected without issue. 

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 5 of 13
Rabert101
Aspirant

Same issue here & I'm really excited its not just me; been really frustrated tyring to figure this out - misery loves company & all that. Smiley Happy

My setup - 

• SRR60 x1
  • SRS60 x3
  • RBS50Y x1

Everything had been working wonderfully for over a year until the V2.5.5.100 update. The update itself didn't go 100% smoothly as the router updated first & then the satellites didn't want to connect. Took the better part of a day for everything to get the V2.5.5.100 firmware installed.

Initially everything seemed to be fine but then the RBS50Y dropped offline (solid white LED ring). Manually re-syncing from this state succeeds 100% of the time & the connection is great while it lasts... anywhere from 20 minutes to 24 hours. But inevitably the connection drops & the device has to be manually re-sync’d. I thought maybe the new update impacted the strength or range of the devices, so troubleshot by removing an SRS60 from the mix but to no avail. I also moved the RSB50Y much closer to the router but no joy, as soon as it loses its connection it must be re-sync’d. All the SRS60s & the SRR60 are working great, it’s just the RBS50Y with V2.5.5.100 that seems to be causing me pain - anywhere from 1 - 5 daily syncs.

Happy Holidays - hopefully NetGear will provide us with Christmas firmware that works! 

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 6 of 13
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@dhey / @Rabert101 / @wmarks79 / @mindgrape / @ralwet,

Please gather the debug logs from both SRR60 and RBS50Y.  Be sure to wait for the issue to happen then save the debug logs. 

Please upload the debug logs to Google Drive and send me the download link via private message.  Then, I'll forward it to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support to analyze it.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 13
Rabert101
Aspirant

Thanks @DaneA, really appreciate any help you can offer. Sent you a PM with the link to my logs.

Happy New Year.

Message 8 of 13
wmarks79
Tutor

I tried to send logs, but not sure if I am in the correct spot. It appears they can only be e-mailed? Do I need to enable SYSLOG? If so not sure how to do that as I do not have an System Server IP, at least I don't think so.NetgearLog Snip.jpg

Message 9 of 13
Abbiedawg
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue. I have reset everything including my SRR60 and I still can’t get the RBS50Y to connect. Used to work previously.
Message 10 of 13
wmarks79
Tutor

Firmware version 2.6.0.109 corrected this issue for me. I see netgear just released a new version a few days ago. I'm going to try it out and hope it holds. 

Message 11 of 13
qhad
Aspirant

Hi, I have had these similar problems with RBS50Y - I even bought another one to trying solve if there is hardware problem... My problems started about late 2020's and I've been strugling since with it... My 50Y is about 6m(20ft) from ground so it's one of pain in ass to reconnect unit manually to Orbi-network (I need lift for it). Let's see if this newest buggy FW 2.6.2.200 will help to this issue, I updated both SR(x)60s and RBS50Y with it. If you do so, REMEMBER to disable DTS and Traffic meter on FW2.6.x.x or your whole network will be one of mess...

Message 12 of 13
Zapalote
Aspirant

Same problem here. Got FW 2.6.2.104.

very frustrating.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements