Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RMA issues called over 5 times.

technicholas
Aspirant

RMA issues called over 5 times.

I have a RMA case open. It was escalated to some team. I called back several times. My entire home network has been down for days and we are almost to weekend and still no resolution. When you pay a lot of money for the Orbi and not get support while you need it within warranty period is frustrating. My equipment died.
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RMA issues called over 5 times.

I agree.  Support from almost any organization can be non-existent on the weekend.

When was this system purchased?  (I see that Netgear has now indicated this package is "End of Life"  If it is within the hardware warranty, Netgear is supposed to replace failing hardware.

Just curious, did the product include that 5-Year NETGEAR Insight Premium Subscription mentioned on the product support page:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/sxk80b3/?utm_source=community.netgear.com&utm_medium=com-pro... 

All I can suggest is to keep calling and asking for a status update on the support case number. (They did supply one, correct?)

Message 2 of 5
technicholas
Aspirant

I have called several times in past day and twice today with case number I get the old "your case has been escalated blah blahblah"

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Netgear doesn't assign support or engineering staff to participate in the Community Forum. Customers who volunteer sometimes can offer suggestions based on personal experience with Netgear systems.

Perhaps a brief description of what seems to be going on might be helpful?

If the actual router is physically "dead", of course, there's nothing anyone can do but replace it.  Is that obviously the case? Does the router appear not to power on?  (Does the power LED display green? If there is no power LED at all, perhaps swapping the power supply with a different one  that is known to work?)

You probably went through all this during the first support call, which is what prompted the escalation.  (I have this picture of someone digging though the warehouse swearing, "There's GOT to be one of these damn things in here SOMEPLACE!")

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@technicholas wrote:

I have called several times in past day and twice today with case number I get the old "your case has been escalated blah blahblah"

Extremely vague.

If opening a support ticket via https://my.netgear.com/ via [Request hardware support] you are asked to provide a short problem description. 

Request hardware support - example pxld.PNG

Once submitted, you receive an email, where Netgear Support does provide a typically (local) phone number and a ticket number for you to call and key in the ticket number, and a support agent will ask you some more or less relevant questions, to decide if and which product requires replacement. Once the RMA is agreed, the RMA will show up under Your RMAs.

Your RMAs pxld.PNG

...and under the [View RMA] - permitting the logistics provider has the replacement units available for shipping - you should find a like e.g. to the UPS Tracking system:

RMA Details - Tracking infrmation pxld.PNG

The only crux at this point is (or was) that the system tended to close tickets prematurely and automatically, and the user had no way for calling again in case some things have not worked out as the theory promise - and you might receive these wonderful "your case has been escalated" or the like messages.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements