Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replacing BR200 with SXR80

PeteDin206
Aspirant

Replacing BR200 with SXR80

So after the BR200 debacle I am begrudgingly replacing it with an SXR80 to function as my router. Behind it I have a full POE switch and a number of POE access points (WAX610s and wax630s) scattered across my property. The last thing I want to do is reconfigure every device in my network to a new SSID. Is there any easy way to run the SXR80 and the primary router in either bridge mode or configure as the same SSID as the rest of the network while functioning as the router?
Message 1 of 5
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Replacing BR200 with SXR80

I think you can use Insight to manage WAX and Orbi Pro in one App to manage wireless networks.

Message 2 of 5
PeteDin206
Aspirant

This all seemed to get corrected while rebuilding the network back in September, until the December firmware update on the SXR80.  Since that update, my network constantly drops signal randomly.  Of course my 90 day "support" (let's be honest that no one seems to actually provide support over the phone) ended right after this issue popped up.  

Now I constantly loss connection across all devices on my network.  This is likely my last shot at getting things fixed with Netgear as I'm already considering a chargeback on the SXR80 given it has basically become a unstable brick since the update.  The rest of it I'll sell off just to fund something that actually works. 

Current Network Build:

SXR80 set as router mode  (4.2.3.102)

GS724TPP - POE Switch  (2.0.8.11)

2x WAX630 (10.3.0.7)

1x WAX610 (10.3.0.7)

1xWAX610Y (10.3.0.7)

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

All links properly trunked carrying VLAN TAGs for each SSID and network?

Message 4 of 5
PeteDin206
Aspirant

From my basic understanding yes.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements