Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Reset SRR60, now can't rejoin my netgear dynamic dns. Screen just refreshes and resets to blank

dir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Reset SRR60, now can't rejoin my netgear dynamic dns. Screen just refreshes and resets to blank.

I just completed updating my SRR60 and satellites to V2.6.2.200 firmware, and I reset the router to factory defaults.  When I try to re-enter my dynamic dns info, it accepts the data, blanks the screen, then refreshes the screen with the fields blank.  A 'Show Status' says that I'm not connected to dynamic dns.  No error messages.

I thought this may be related to the recent announcement from Netgear that they're no longer maintaining our dyndns service and have given it to no-ip.com to manage, with no-ip.com requiring a manual refresh every 30 days for free accounts.  However, I refreshed my account via them 5 days ago when I got an email from them, and it refreshed successfully.

Then I thought that I may need to re-enter my info into the Orbi Pro web config page, but specify no-ip.com instead of Netgear as the dyndns provider.   That results in the same blank page refresh.

I tried this on Firefox and Google Chrome on a linux machine.  I then tried it on Safari on my iphone, connected to my phone network and not my home network.  Same results.

I do not have a login to no-ip.com, as I assume my dynamic dns name is a free account and doesn't require it.  

No-ip.com certainly knows about the name ("blueskyretreat.netgear.com"), but since I don't have a login, I can't do anything other than refresh every 30 days.

I do not want to create a new dynamic dns account with no-ip as this would royally screw me.  I use my Orbi Pro in a business environment and cannot, at this stage, change my website URLs without serious impact to my customers and my business.

How do I re-connect my existing, current, valid dynamic dns address to my SRR60?

Message 1 of 5
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Reset SRR60, now can't rejoin my netgear dynamic dns. Screen just refreshes and resets to blank

Hello,

When you go to Advanced > Advanced Setup > Dynamic DNS, the field where you enter your hostname also has a frield for the email and password. Is this field greyed out or not accessible? 

Message 2 of 5
dir
Apprentice
Apprentice

The fields aren’t greyed out. They are blank and accessible.
Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@dir @MrJoshW 

Buggy Firmware release....again......

Downgrade to previous Firmware......

I dont even think they test the FW .....send it out and let the "community" figure it out......

What a bad mistake I made in investing with Netgear......

Message 4 of 5

Roll back to v.2.5.5.100 ... for some reason all 2.6.x.x firmware is breaking DNS related info. Let me know if that gets you going again.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements