Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[SRK60] Syslog not logging to server?

dir
Apprentice
Apprentice

[SRK60] Syslog not logging to server?

I've enabled syslog logging to my linux server but I don't see any entries in my linux syslogs.   I'm looking at the Orbi log window and using anything in there as search strings in my current and last few syslog files, but never find anything.  For example a typical entry displayed in the Orbi log window is:

[LAN access from remote] from 75.155.191.162:63283 to 192.168.1.39:32400, Monday, May 04, 2020 13:53:47

And I search for "LAN access" or "75.155.191.162" or anything else, and never find anything.

How can I confirm that Orbi is actually connecting/sending/forwarding to my server?

Every logging option is ticked, the server IP address and port is correct, and logging to Syslog is enabled.

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
dir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: [SRK60] Syslog not logging to server?

Yep, all there.   I had an extraneous "$~" in my rsyslog.conf file.  Removed it, restarted rsyslogd, and it logs fine now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
dir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cancel that - my linux rsyslog wasn't configured properly.  I'm now getting logs generated for the SRK60 satellites and I assume I'll get them for the main box shortly.

Message 2 of 3
dir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep, all there.   I had an extraneous "$~" in my rsyslog.conf file.  Removed it, restarted rsyslogd, and it logs fine now.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements