Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRK60 and SRS60 with Fios Router

rickknot
Aspirant

SRK60 and SRS60 with Fios Router

Weird issue.  Brand new setup.  Have GB Fios in 3 story building.  Fios come in on bottom level and there are ethernet conenctions to the first and second floors but none on the third.  Purchased these to use as AP devices.  I have fios ethernet port to Internet of SRK60 and it shows "No Internet" connection.  Tried multiple cables and jacks which are known good but it won't work in AP mode.  I need the Fios router to remain for servers and other functions which are set up and I can't change without huge issues.

I have tried it with the cable to the Internet port of the SRK60 and a LAN port of the SRK 60 and it still acts the same.  I haven't even gotten to the point to add the SRS60 wirelessly on the third floor.  I am following the manual exactly and it doesnt work.  Could this be bad out of box?

Thanks in advance.

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
rickknot
Aspirant

Solved!  Finally got it working.  Was very strange like it had been used before and some things changed. Once I reset it to factory it still was acting strange.  Even though it was factory reset the network name was changed from the one on the bottom of the router to another SSID that I could be on insight app.  Once I saw that network ssid I logged on to that and got everything working.  Very strange indeed. Thanks for all the assistance.  

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 4
rickknot
Aspirant

Verizon a Fios G3100 router is ISP router.  Firmware is 2.4.2.106 and I can't get it to connect to the internet so can't update to latest.  I am working nights so maybe won't try more troubleshooting until Sunday.

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
rickknot
Aspirant

Solved!  Finally got it working.  Was very strange like it had been used before and some things changed. Once I reset it to factory it still was acting strange.  Even though it was factory reset the network name was changed from the one on the bottom of the router to another SSID that I could be on insight app.  Once I saw that network ssid I logged on to that and got everything working.  Very strange indeed. Thanks for all the assistance.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements