Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRR60 Drops all Internet Connection when Wired SRS60 are attached

overstockoutlet
Follower

SRR60 Drops all Internet Connection when Wired SRS60 are attached

Hello, 

I would pull out my hair if I was not bald.

Bought SRR60 and 3 Sattelites about a year now.  Wireless was OK but nothing consistant and signal never stellar.  Downloaded newest updated .200 and tried to connect my sattelites using a wired ethernet connection.  and BOOM my internet drops and does not work.  My network is still intact but my internet will not connect. 

So, this is some of the process I have tried.

First, I have inspected ALL cables and made sure that my ehternet wires are wired properly, they are.

So I have tried resetting all hardware and starting new.  

I have tried starting modem first, router second and then sattelites and then the rest of my network like switches and the like.  Still drop Internet only.

I have tried daisychaining the satellites and then series, neither works.  

I have tried one, two and three satellites on the system and any combinaion therein and still lose interet.

I have tried wifi to satellite 1 and then series to #2 and #3.  Still lose internet.  Tried a combination thereof and still loose internet. 

This all happens 10 seconds after I connect anything via ethernet to the sattelites.  Only drop internet. 

This is affecting my business and shuts down all communications of internet based services.

So now I am back to wireless only wich is lacluster at best, but that is because of the building I am in, but the satellites are only 50 feet apart.  I really want to series chain these hardwired to the router. 

Any help would be great 

Rich 

Message 1 of 3
DH_1
Apprentice

Hi.   FW 2.6.xxxxxxxxx. is completely buggy.....its a disgrace to netgear.....great hardware but really sloppy software....

Down grade to 2.5.5.100....

Manually install the 2.5.5.100 onto the router and the satellite.

It is airly easy to do...

I also have backhaul to my satellite.....and is works great.......

This is my second experience with Netgear bad FW.....and they now it is extremmly buggy....

And they keep asking for the log files.....but do nothing.......

reach out if you need to.....

Cheers

dH

Message 2 of 3
DH_1
Apprentice

Whoops - type-o.....Fairly. not airly...... A finger flub caused my wine.....hahah
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements