Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRR60 - Frequent random reboots

WaldoMI
Aspirant

SRR60 - Frequent random reboots

I purchased an SSR60 in late July 2020.  It worked fine for more than a year.  Shortly before I renewed my annual subscription, it became unreliable.  It goes offline and I get Insight Alerts that it has lost communication with the NETGEAR Insight Cloud Service.  After an interval of any from 5-20 minutes it resumes normal activity. This was gotten progressively worse.  It happened 13 times the other day.  The Insight message suggested that the problem might the modem supplied by my internet provided.  It wasn't; I changed modem but the problem remains.  My experiences with this product have been nothing short of disasterous.  A colleague who purchased a (far cheaper) TP mesh system at the same time has experienced no such problems.

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@WaldoMI wrote:

It goes offline and I get Insight Alerts that it has lost communication with the NETGEAR Insight Cloud Service. 

With the Internet connection going down, and staying downn long enough, it's expected Insight will loose the cloud connection.

@WaldoMI wrote:

After an interval of any from 5-20 minutes it resumes normal activity. This was gotten progressively worse.  It happened 13 times the other day.  The Insight message suggested that the problem might the modem supplied by my internet provided.  It wasn't; I changed modem but the problem remains.

When I remember right, you could set Orbi Pro to create a "debug log" that is activated when it starts up. After Orbi Pro is completely "up", you could log in and save the debug file. (This is setup on the Orbi Pro router web page, add  /debug.htm on the URL with the same credentials: "admin" and the admin password.)  If you have experienced the Internet connection loss, and the xx minutes "automatic" recovery, save the debug file. Upload the diagnostics file to any cloud service, and send a share link so @BruceGuo can have an eye what is going wrong there. 

Message 2 of 4
WaldoMI
Aspirant

Many thanks for you help!!

Message 3 of 4
HerbCSO
Star

FWIW I had a similar issue recently and it turned out to be a faulty power supply. I swapped the router's and the satellite's power supplies and haven't had any more problems (RMA is on the way to get the faulty power brick replaced). Might be worth a try in your case as well.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements