Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRR60 ORBI Pro router enable bandwidth per SSID

ButterflyGirl
Aspirant

SRR60 ORBI Pro router enable bandwidth per SSID

Greetings,

In the ORBI Pro setup, running firmware V2.4.2.106, under the Wireless 2 tab, there is a Bandwidth per SSDI section. There is a checkbox to turn it on and the 3 wireless networks shown on a slide control. When you turn this option on it gives you these defaults: 

• Network 1 is set @ 35%
  • Network 2 is set @ 35%
  • Guest is 30%

However, I can not find a way to change the default %. The balloons above the slide showing the % does increase in size once it's selected, I can find no way to change the %s. Is it possible? If yes, how?

If you can't change the % does anyone know if enabling this would lock the SSID down to that %, even if the other networks were idle? 

Does the enable bandwidth per SSID only work for downloads? I can't tell if the screen is saying download and there is another screen for uploads or just bandwidth metering on downloads.

Thanks!

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Re: SRR60 ORBI Pro router enable bandwidth per SSID

Hi @ButterflyGirl ,

Please refer to the user manual. http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRK60/SRK60_UM_EN.pdf

We have implemented bandwidth management by prioritizing airtime based on SSID.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ButterflyGirl,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

As of now, Rate limiting is still not supported on Orbi Pro. You may share this idea in our Ideas Exchange for Business board in order for our engineering team to consider this feature on the next firmware release. But I cannot guarantee it.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
ButterflyGirl
Aspirant

John,

Thanks for the quick reply & my apologies for the late response. I've been without services on and off since mid-November as AT&T has been slowly updating equipment.

Anyway, reading between the lines of your response, the check box for limiting bandwidth per SSID has not been implemented. Therefore, it doesn't matter if the box is checked or unchecked. Correct?

I appreciate your help.

ButterflySoul  

Message 3 of 5
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @ButterflyGirl ,

Please refer to the user manual. http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRK60/SRK60_UM_EN.pdf

We have implemented bandwidth management by prioritizing airtime based on SSID.

Message 4 of 5
ButterflyGirl
Aspirant

Bruce,

Thanks for the document. I appreciate it. I'll be making the change later today.

Kindest Regards,

ButterflyGirl

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements