Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRR60 Random Factory Reset

Someone42
Aspirant

SRR60 Random Factory Reset

Hi,

I've had an Orbi Pro for a couple of years now, and for the first time this week, the router decided to factory reset itself.

I am on fw V2.5.1.106 and auto-update was active, but the release date of this firmware was back i February.

While going through the setup wizard, when setting the admin password, I tried to use my previous one. The strange thing is that it complained about a special character in the password and rejected it.

Now (I'm not proud of this) i've been using this password since I first setup the Orbi.

Anyone know:

1. What caused the factory reset

2. Why the password rule suddenly changed?

Thanks!

SD

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: SRR60 Random Factory Reset

See the attached screenshot  where you can take a config backup. You can upload the backup config file onto google drive and share me link via PM. We will check if any configuration is causing factory reset. BTW - Did you upgraded to 2.5.2.104?

Config Backup.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

hi @Someone42 

Could you please share your Orbi Pro configuration? We need to check if any specific configuration is causing the factory reset.

Please let me know how many satellites you have ? and all are running the latest firmware?

Regarding the password complexity. Please refer the release notes of firmware release 2.4.0.114.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061259/SRR60-SRS60-Firmware-Version-2-4-0-114

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 5
Someone42
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply,

1. Are you asking for the "NETGEAR_SRR60.cfg" file generated by Advanced/Administration/Support/Save Debug Log function?

2. That would explain that part. I'm assuming passwords were grand-fathered until I had to set a new one.

I only have one satellite and both the router (SRR60) and satellite (SRS60) are running firmware V2.5.1.106.

Regards,

SD

Message 3 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

See the attached screenshot  where you can take a config backup. You can upload the backup config file onto google drive and share me link via PM. We will check if any configuration is causing factory reset. BTW - Did you upgraded to 2.5.2.104?

Config Backup.jpg

Message 4 of 5
Someone42
Aspirant

Sorry for the late reply, but I had to reboot the router because it was unresponsive. It never booted again so I had to replace it.

Thanks for the help but you can close this thread.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements