Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRR60 / SRS60 Firmware Version 2.6.2.200

dpm416
Tutor

SRR60 / SRS60 Firmware Version 2.6.2.200

With the automatic update of the new firmware, v 2.6.2.200, we began having issues connecting to sites on the internet.

Troubleshooting showed a failure in name resolution.

I noticed in the changelog that there was a bug fix pertaining to misrouting problems when using a local DNS server in the 2.6.2.200. I run BIND DNS Server on a local server to redirect some lookups to my local server when the client is on the local network, from outsided, the request is 'port-forwarded' to the server. My BIND server was set to be the first DNS lookup served to the local network by the router. A step back to 2.6.0.108 has solved the issue. Somehow 2.6.2.200 broke something in this routing setup. I hope it gets fixed it in the next update.

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 21
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @dpm416 

Could you please send me the debug logs? Access Orbi Pro UI via https://<ip address of router>/debug.htm -> Click on start capture -> recreate the issue -> Save debug logs. Please upload into google/One drive and send me link to download via PM.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 21
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @dpm416 

Could you us to understand more ? DEscribe your  setup? Including the topo and configuration. 

Message 3 of 21
rberna3486
Tutor

SharedScreenshot.jpgSharedScreenshot.jpgI'm having problems since firmware version 2.6.2.200 was automatically updated. It would stop connecting to the internet and the router would light magenta. 

Notice the attached chart that everything was working great until my router firmware was updated! PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!

I tried downgrading but the web client does not allow me to do this. Also the web client has disabled the ability to disable the automatic updates. WHY!!!!

Message 4 of 21
dpm416
Tutor

I really appreciate your speedy reply. I'm having difficulty reproducing the issue. It's been running smoothly since I turned on the logger, but isn't that always the way with intermittent problems?

Message 5 of 21
rberna3486
Tutor

It went down two times last night! I'm just wait for Netgear to response.

I'm question my future future purchases with Netgear products 

Message 6 of 21
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @rberna3486  @dpm416 

Please send us the debug logs or diagnostic logs ( from Insight). We will check the logs and update.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 7 of 21
Retired_Member
Not applicable

This seems to be the normal message from Netgear......send the debug logs......

Message 8 of 21
rberna3486
Tutor

I turned on the debugger and it’s working so far.

They should at least give the end users the option to update the firmware.
Message 9 of 21
dpm416
Tutor

The SRR60 has a check box that enables automatic updates. Unchecking it makes it manual mode. You get a purple banner telling you that an update is available when you are on the router's admin pages. 

Message 10 of 21
Retired_Member
Not applicable

2.6.2.200 is buggy firmware.....manually downgrade to 2.6.0.108....

Another buggy software release....causing small business to loose money.....

This is the second time this has happened to me.......

@dpm416 @rberna3486 

Message 11 of 21
BooJangles
Apprentice

@RaghuHR 

@dpm416 Thank you for your post. 

I am experiencing the same issue since the firmware update. It's definitely a DNS issue and random when it decides to occur. Some clients may experience it and others not.

To confirm it was DNS related I went to one of the clients that was having issues and manually put in a public DNS server and everything started working. When set back to auto it broke again.

I am currently setup to get DNS automatically from ISP. I chose to check the "Use these DNS Servers" box and manually entered my ISP's servers. I also manually set them in the Lan Setup and rebooted. 

After the firmware update I could expect this issue to arise almost daily, after manually setting the DNS it's been 3 days now with no issue.

Obviously not ideal to have to do this.

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 12 of 21
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

@BooJangles 

Currently our devloper team found a critical issue that may cause DNS daemon may restart often so that WAN is unstable.

See if you can change traffic meter setting to help narrow if that's the root cause. Please check my post.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/SRR60-dropping-connection-and-DNS-...

Message 13 of 21
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Could you please check the following for your internet disconnection  issue? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/SRR60-dropping-connection-and-DNS-...

We are suspecting a software bug triggered by daylight saving starting from Mar 14 in the US timezone.

Can you help me confirm the issue is gone by changing the value from “0:00 am” to “1:00 am” in traffic counter setting (or you can disable it if you don't use it).  See below picture.

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 7.55.43 PM.png

Message 14 of 21
BooJangles
Apprentice

Making the change and applying seems to have fixed the issue. I did not reboot. 

By the way, this issue also exists for RBR50 firmware 2.7.2.104. 

Message 15 of 21
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

It sounds good. Please monitor for a few days. You are right. We have noticed the bug impact some Orbi and Orbi Pro models because the feature uses the same library. We are fixing it.

Bruce

Message 16 of 21
rberna3486
Tutor

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 12.05.07 PM.png

I've finally have some stability since I made the change to 1 am due to daylight savings bug!!!!

Didn't your test cases account for daylight savings?  

Message 17 of 21
Retired_Member
Not applicable

When is the fix?. ....or will that be bugged as well

truly incompetent.  

Message 18 of 21
qzkhtw1
Tutor

I'm experiencing issues after upgrading to 2.6.2.200. I upgraded from 2.5.3.110 as this was the only firmware version that was stable for my satellites. I upgraded the firmware due to potential security risks. I have three SRS60 satellites, two of which are connected via cat 6. I also have an outdoor satellite (rbs50yv2). A few days after the upgrade, I noticed three of the satellites lost connection. Of the three satellites; one was the outdoor rbs50yv2, one was the cat 6 connected srs60, and the last was the srs60 connected via backhaul.

I changed the traffic meter setting as suggested in this post and reset the SRR60 and all satellites. All three SRS60's came up and were operational. The rbs50yv2 came up but never connected. I had to manually sync the satellite to get it to connect. At this point, all four satellites are up and connected. The next day, the rbs50yv2 disconnected and required another manual sync to reconnect.

This has been the primary reason that I have not upgraded from 2.5.3.110. Under this version of firmware, all four satellites remained connected with a good link status. The link status for this satellite under firmware 2.6.2.200 is Fair to Poor. The router and all 4 satellites have not moved - the only change was a firmware upgrade.

Please advise on remediation steps. 

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 19 of 21
qzkhtw1
Tutor

@RaghuHR 

I'm experiencing issues after upgrading to 2.6.2.200. I upgraded from 2.5.3.110 as this was the only firmware version that was stable for my satellites. I upgraded the firmware due to potential security risks. I have three SRS60 satellites, two of which are connected via cat 6. I also have an outdoor satellite (rbs50yv2). A few days after the upgrade, I noticed three of the satellites lost connection. Of the three satellites; one was the outdoor rbs50yv2, one was the cat 6 connected srs60, and the last was the srs60 connected via backhaul.

I changed the traffic meter setting as suggested in this post and reset the SRR60 and all satellites. All three SRS60's came up and were operational. The rbs50yv2 came up but never connected. I had to manually sync the satellite to get it to connect. At this point, all four satellites are up and connected. The next day, the rbs50yv2 disconnected and required another manual sync to reconnect.

This has been the primary reason that I have not upgraded from 2.5.3.110. Under this version of firmware, all four satellites remained connected with a good link status. The link status for this satellite under firmware 2.6.2.200 is Fair to Poor. The router and all 4 satellites have not moved - the only change was a firmware upgrade.

Please advise on remediation steps.

Message 20 of 21
wmiyazaki
Tutor

I agree. These Netgear releases generally tend to add as many bugs as they purport to fix. Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 18 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements