Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRR60 internet connection locks up (no connection) intermittently

Skyflash
Tutor

SRR60 internet connection locks up (no connection) intermittently

My Orbi Pro SRR60 has started intermittantly (about once or twice a day), suddently losing its connection on the WAN side and reporting no internet connection. 

It is plugged into a Nokia Telus Fibre modem with a very good quality CAT 8 cable (which was upgraded from a CAT 5e when this issue started to appear).  It started to do this recently, so maybe related to the recent 2.6.2.200 firmware that was recently applied.  

If I simply unplug and replug the ethernet between the Fibre modem and the SRR60, then it will recover within a few seconds - however, it does not seem to be able to do this itself.  It will stay in the disconnected state, even then I click the error message in the admin interface (the Internet box on the Home screen).  It seems to need the phys link to be dropped to handshake properly again.

Obviously, any clues would be gratefully received.  

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 18
schumaku
Guru

The 2.6.2.200 firmware is auto updated since last weekend only.

@Skyflash wrote:

It seems to need the phys link to be dropped to handshake properly again.

Unplug and replug the link cable would do this.

Message 2 of 18
Skyflash
Tutor

Thanks.  Yes, this works every time, but I'm rather hoping to avoid having it go offline several times a day as it is very disruptive, and I have some things that need to run unattended. 

I'd love to know how to diagnose this further so I can raise a bug ticket or something (and/or preferably find a fix of course).  

Message 3 of 18
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Skyflash 

Could you please send the debug logs from satellite and router separately to me via PM? 

1.https://<ip address of your router/satellite>/debug.htm

2. Click on start capture

3. Recreate the issue.

4. Save debug logs.

Upload the debug logs from router and satellite onto google/One drive and send me link via PM

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 4 of 18
Wmb247
Tutor

I am seeing the same issue with my SRR60 with the latest firmware as well... I am connecting to a Hiltron CODA-4582U Cable Modem/Router

Message 5 of 18
Wmb247
Tutor

Folllowing up on this, at this point the Router doesn't stay online for for more than 15-20 min at a time. At this point the Router and 3 satellites are basically useless to me.

Message 6 of 18
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Wmb247 

Please send us the router and satellite debug log separately . We will check and update you.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 7 of 18
Wmb247
Tutor

Where would you like me to upload the debug files?

I tried attaching them, but not having any luck

Message 8 of 18
iCan-Adam
Initiate

I've been having the same issue. I update the firmware ands the internet conenction has randomly died over and over again. Verizon finally let me get info from one of the engineers. I had been noting that their lease time was only 2 hours for a WAN DHCP address, and I thought that was odd. They confirmed that their lease time is longer than that. This makes me fairly certain that it's an issue with the current firmware. I've downgraded it to an older version. 

Fingers crossed. 

Message 9 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Same issue here as well.

Another botched up firmware release from Netgear......Fire the engineers ....

That said, I know for a fact that the ISP is fuctioniong just fine.

It is something to do with how the router handles how it connects to the Web.

This is now two really bad releases of firmware..  TWO.....from what I see on this community page is that there is a lot of time invested into PC Plumbing....on bad firmware......

I would suggest is downgradeing to the previous release until the so called Engineers come up with a fix.....

Message 10 of 18

Same issue here. The only thing that got me working was to roll back to v2.5.5.100 anything 2.6.x.x breaks the connection. It drops the DNS servers. You can still ping the web such as Google's 8.8.8.8, but can't resolve the pages because it breaks access to DNS. I also noticed a large number of dropped packets that stopped once I rolled back to the 2.5 firmware.

Message 11 of 18
JNW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the upgrade to version 2.6.2.200 last week, the internet connection locks up. I have had to unplug the modem and router every morning which solves the problem. Getting old though and I’ll have to go back to the previous version if there is not a fix soon.
Message 12 of 18
Wmb247
Tutor

I actually rebuilt from the ground up with the router and satellites all at 2.6.2 - reset everything and so far things seem to be ok...

Message 13 of 18
Skyflash
Tutor

Actually, I landed on the same idea.  I factory reset the router and have had it running alone for a few days now without issue (albeit in a temporary location too).  I will try factory resetting and adding back the satellites.  Good to hear this approach may work in the end!

Hopefully the satellite resync'ing will go well, but I'll post back here if this approach runs into any further issues.  

Message 14 of 18
Myamid
Initiate

I've been having the same issue. Router & satellite have been updated last night and internet has dropped twice since (rebooting has worked so far but its quite annoying), though the bell modem itself seemed to be working fine

Message 15 of 18
Myamid
Initiate

As recommended above, I did a factory reset and reconfigured the network fron scratch (didn't want to risk importing settings), and so far, the network seems stable (18Hrs, a new post-update record!).  I did NOT rollback the firmware (still 2.6.2.200)

So that workaround seems to have worked.  That being said, I have 0 tolerance for this type of surprise/unreliability and will be ripping out my Orbi's in short order and switching to another supplier. 

Message 16 of 18
Skyflash
Tutor

@Myamid  I have to agree with your sentiment.  I only just dipped my toe back in the Netgear world after having a bit of an 'experience' many years ago.  My early experience of Orbi Pro wasn't super great, tbh, but things did improve significantly with firmware updates until this bombshell, which caused a lot of consternation.  Anyway, the full factory reset approach seems to be working for me and I'm _gradually_ bringing satellites back onto my mesh and removing my hastily added temporary coverage.  

Message 17 of 18
Wmb247
Tutor

I agree as well... I am only sticking with this because of the $$ I spent getting the equipement - i.e. Router + 3 satellites.

My call to support was useless as the support person determined that it was not a harware fault and, since I was outside the '90 day support window' tried to sell me Gearhead support.

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements