Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRS60 Device Access Control

BooJangles
Apprentice

SRS60 Device Access Control

SRR60 and 7 satellites (5 wired, 2 wireless)

Hi all,

Is it possible to control device access per satellite?

For example, I have a satellite in a basement that has 3 devices physically plugged into it. It has poor signal but is sufficient for the small amounts of data the 3 monitoring devices require. I am trying to prevent a laptop in particular from ever connecting to this satellite. 

Is this possible to configure?

Many thanks,

B

Model: SRK60B05|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@BooJangles,

As far as I have check the Orbi Pro user manual here, it seems that there is no option to control device access per satellite.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@BooJangles,

You may configure a MAC ACL (Access Control List) to prevent the specific laptop to connect to the SSID.  To know how to configure this, kindly read pages 48-53 of the Orbi Pro user manual here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
BooJangles
Apprentice

Thanks for that info.

Is there a way to control device access per satellite instead of the entire network though?

Thanks
Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@BooJangles,

As far as I have check the Orbi Pro user manual here, it seems that there is no option to control device access per satellite.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@DaneA wrote:

And this makes perfect sense - this would require a lot of overhead and modifications of the radio firmware to become able to answer with "custom" 802.1k neighbor reports - one of the key features on all Mesh system designs - based on the MAC (BSSID) of the client where only MAC (BSSID) of neighbouring access points are reported - depending on the MAC allow resp. MAC deny lists on each individual access point. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements