Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SSID

arizzo4521
Aspirant

SSID

my orbi is working fine, i have a wifi analyzer, it shows my ssid with what looks like different addresses, the different addresses have different signal strengths. my devices only show one ssid option, what are these different addresses and how do i know my devices are using the one with the best signal
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@arizzo4521,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if have further inquiries.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
wase4711
Luminary

the 2 "addresses" are probably 2.4ghz band and the 5ghz band..

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @arizzo4521,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

One of the advanced feature of the Orbi Pro is band steering wherein it intelligently selects the best Wi-Fi band for each dual-band wireless device to optimize connection based on the speed and performance capabilities of the wireless device.  As reference, kindly read the article below:

What advanced features does my Orbi WiFi System support?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@arizzo4521,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if have further inquiries.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
arizzo4521
Aspirant

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos