Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXK30 Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini System: Business Mesh WiFi System for WFH

BretD
Admin

SXK30 Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini System: Business Mesh WiFi System for WFH

SMB_PRODUCT_SXK30LAUNCH_2021-4-28_COMM.jpg

Work-from-Home Security and Performance
In an era where business professionals and students are working and learning from home, network congestion and security are real issues. The Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini Mesh system provides the capability to maintain secure and separate WiFi channels. Featuring the latest WiFi data security protocol, WPA3, along with support for up to 4 separate SSIDs and VLANs, the Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini Mesh System enables network streams to be securely separated from each other, for example by creating a work-from-home network stream, a learn-from-home network stream, an entertainment network stream, and a guest/customer network stream.

The NETGEAR Business Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini SXK30 2-unit kit and 3-unit SXK30B3 WiFi system are both available in North America now. Get great WiFi for work from home and more. Let us know what you think of this new offering in the thread below.

Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini By the Numbers: 

WiFi 6 Speed per Unit: AX1800 (1.8Gbs)
Radio Configuration: 2×2 Dual-band
Ethernet Ports per Unit: 4-Port Gigabit Plus featured Switch with VLAN control
Max Users: 256
Max Concurrent Connections: 40
Coverage Per Unit: 2000 sqft
Wireless Security: WPA / WPA2 / WPA3
Local Management GUI: Yes – Preferred Method
Insight Remote Management: Yes – Optional

Read the Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini Press Release

Visit the Mesh WiFi for Work from Home blog.

Get SXK30 Orbi Pro Mini Support..

Message 1 of 8
BIG9MM
Apprentice

Re: SXK30 Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini System: Business Mesh WiFi System for WFH

Nice, we will buy just need to know if it will work with the SXK80?

Message 2 of 8
JohnD333
Apprentice

These kits have a base (router) plus 1 satellite (sat) or base (router) plus 2 sats.

Sounds like you already have the base (router). If so, you only need more SXS80 units. Those are the sat units. I have not seen 2-packs or 3-packs of those. If you already own the SXK80 base router, pricing is such that it would make little sense to buy a new kit.

Beware Orbi-Pro WiFi 6 SXK80 is not compatible with netgear’s Orbi WiFi-6 for residential (RBK852) nor Netgear’s earlier WiFi Pro models.
Message 3 of 8
BIG9MM
Apprentice

"These kits have a base (router) plus 1 satellite (sat) or base (router) plus 2 sats."

I needed to know if it will work with the SXS80 as I know I can just buy the  1 satellite on amazon. :] 

Yes. I have the one SXS80 and one SXR80.  

Thanks for the info!

@JohnD333 wrote:
These kits have a base (router) plus 1 satellite (sat) or base (router) plus 2 sats.

Sounds like you already have the base (router). If so, you only need more SXS80 units. Those are the sat units. I have not seen 2-packs or 3-packs of those. If you already own the SXK80 base router, pricing is such that it would make little sense to buy a new kit.

Beware Orbi-Pro WiFi 6 SXK80 is not compatible with netgear’s Orbi WiFi-6 for residential (RBK852) nor Netgear’s earlier WiFi Pro models.

Message 4 of 8
Alen-huang
Aspirant

Betreff: SXK30 Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini System: Business Mesh WiFi System for WFH

good

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 5 of 8
Alen-huang
Aspirant

Betreff: SXK30 Orbi Pro WiFi 6 Mini System: Business Mesh WiFi System for WFH

Wifi

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 6 of 8
privateskin
Aspirant

Sounds like you as of now have the base (switch). Assuming this is the case, you just need more SXS80 units. Those are the sat units. I have not seen 2-packs or 3-packs of those. In the event that you effectively own the SXK80 base switch, evaluating is to such an extent that it would look bad to purchase another pack

Model: Dual Band
Message 7 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@BIG9MM,

I needed to know if it will work with the SXS80 as I know I can just buy the  1 satellite on amazon. :] 

The SXR30 and SXS30 do not support and will not pair with Orbi Pro WiFi 6 router (SXK80) or satellite (SXS80).

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements