Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Re: SXK80 Networking 101 Question with the Orbi Pro

SXK80 Networking 101 Question with the Orbi Pro

HI everyone, slightly embarrassed asking this but its been a while setting up VLANS.  I have a couple devices I want to have on a specific VLAN that I plan to wire up (IoT in the Orbi Pro).  Its going to look like this:

Devices -> Unmanaged switch -> Netgear Managed Switch -> Orbi Pro Satellite

If memory serves correctly, on the Netgear Managed switch I will set the port where the Unmanaged switch comes in as VLAN 3 (IoT).  What I'm not sure of right now is the Orbi Pro Satellite.  Presently every port on the Satelitte is set as VLAN 1 (Default), do I keep it that way?  How should the port on the Orbi Pro be set that's connected to the Netgear Managed switch so that it can support traffic for both VLAN 1 and VLAN3?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi TheGrumpyGent,

You can change the VLAN profile on each port by going to ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > VLAN / Bridge Settings. From there, you can change either the router or the satellite ports.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi TheGrumpyGent,

You can change the VLAN profile on each port by going to ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > VLAN / Bridge Settings. From there, you can change either the router or the satellite ports.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements