Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXR50 Tagged VLAN goup on WAN

martendej
Aspirant

SXR50 Tagged VLAN goup on WAN

Hello all,

I would like to make a tagged VLAN group on the WAN port (ID 4 and 6, per requirement of ISP, 4 = IPTV and 6 = Internet). This would result in the eth0.4 and eth0.6 interfaces. I have only managed to assign one VLAN to the WAN port so far (ID 6), so internet is working fine but IPTV is not. I can't seem to get the eth0.4 AND eth0.6 working on the WAN port. Please note that bridged-itv is NOT an option (ISP doesn't allow this).

Can someone tell me if this is possible on the SXR50, and if so, how?

With kind regards,

Marten

Message 1 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: SXR50 Tagged VLAN goup on WAN

Would it be possible to post the ISP instructions regarding how to set up the link?

(I am familiar with lots of ISPs requiring a VLAN for IPTV, but usually that is all they say.)

Thanks

Message 2 of 9
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

1. Assume port 1 is WAN. Port 2 is connected with IPTV device

2. Assign a profile with VID=6 to port 1.

3. Assign "IPTV" profile with VID=4 to port 2

So, internally Port 1 and Port 2 will be added to the same bridge. Other port will be in LAN bridge.

Check if that works.

Message 3 of 9
martendej
Aspirant

Ok, I will try to explain the ISP requirements as clearly as possible.

- Tagged traffic should only be used on the WAN port. From there, all traffic should be untagged.
- An IGMP proxy should be set up on the WAN port, where downstream = VLAN6 BUT upstream for certain IP ranges should be routed through VLAN4 with static routes. It should have alternate-subnet set to '0.0.0.0/0'.
- VLAN4 should use DHCP with option 60 set to 'IPTV_RG' and option 28 set to '192.168.1.255'. It should ask for a 'classless ip'.
- Nat should be enabled for traffic for ranges 213.75.112.0/21 and 217.166.0.0/16 between VLAN4 and the internal network.

Is this possible, albeit with some config modifications through telnet (which I have already enabled on the Orbi)?

A nice puzzle! 😄
Message 4 of 9
martendej
Aspirant

Assigning VLAN4 to port 2 will not work since the IPTV box should be in the same network as it also requires internet access. Furthermore the ISP does not allow bridged IPTV.

Message 5 of 9
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Hi 

We are internally discussing. If you have a network topology diagram, that would help us understand better. will get back to you.

Bruce

Message 6 of 9
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @martendej 

Can you let me know what's your ISP?

Message 7 of 9
martendej
Aspirant

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for checking in, my ISP is KPN. (Dutch ISP with the most market share in the Netherlands) (https://www.kpn.com/)
Message 8 of 9
martendej
Aspirant

Hello Bruce,

Is there any update regarding this subject?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Marten de Jong
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements