Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXR80 - Bridge Mode

asefd
Tutor

SXR80 - Bridge Mode

Hello,
Is it possible to put in Bridge Mode the Orbi Wifi 6 Pro SXR80 just like an ordinary WiFi router?

Thanks
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: SXR80 - Bridge Mode

What exactly by bridge mode do you mean? different manufacturers call it different things. 

Are you looking for access point mode? 

Message 2 of 9
asefd
Tutor

Hi,

Yes AP mode. So I could connect multiple routers and expand the coverage.

Thanks

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

yes you can use access point mode. 

But you also put multiple "routers". The SXK system uses 1 router with multiple satellites. 

Message 4 of 9
asefd
Tutor

Thank you for your reply.

Our need is to put multiple routers with satellites on different floors and have the same SSID on each floor.

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

How many are you thinking? 

have you looked into moving to the fully business grade with insight? 

Message 6 of 9
asefd
Tutor

3 of the floors : 1 router + 5 satellites (+/- 19000 sq ft)
1 floor: 1 router + 3 satellites (+/- 12000 sq ft) .
These are underground parking floors.
I wasn't aware of this solution. Unfortunately I never received an answer frop Netgear support to help me choose the necessary equipment....
Any link or particular model I could search for?
Thanks in advance
Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

Try looking at some of the business grade stuff. 

Shop The Best Wi-Fi Solutions for Your Business | NETGEAR

There's a business line you could contact to: 

Contact Us | NETGEAR

Or even the business forum for wireless. 

Wireless - NETGEAR Communities

Message 8 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@asefd wrote:
3 of the floors : 1 router + 5 satellites (+/- 19000 sq ft)
1 floor: 1 router + 3 satellites (+/- 12000 sq ft) .
These are underground parking floors.

Hard to provide a generic answer. This depends widely on the building structures, the layout of the garage one large almost open space or some puzzled parts, the building material (concrete one might guess), and then the coverage you expect inside of the cars (or not).

@asefd wrote:
Unfortunately I never received an answer frop Netgear support to help me choose the necessary equipment....
if the parking floors are an almost one open space, it depends again on the number of concurent users (mobile phones, cars, ...). 

With the parking floors are an almost one open space, it depends again on the number of concurrent users (mobile phones, cars, ...). what's the point to think about a wireless backhaul at all? To create a wireless backhaul on the mesh boxes, you still need a reasonable signal at the next box. And last but not least, the backhaul will run on one channel set.

We have a lengthy underground parking lot, about 150 x 12 meters in a light radius, no visibility from one end to the other, what I'm using as a test area. One AP at around half or 1/3 of the length can cover this space for example.

I would go towards a bunch of wireless AP from the business line, like WAX610/620/630, powered by switch with sufficient PoE+/PoE++, installed on a secured point where the office network space can be extended to. Wires for vertical _and_ horizontal distribution if required. All Insight managed, so you can extend your business network covering mutiple SSIDs (business with authentication if possible, guests with a portal, ....).

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements